Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-31-2007, 12:31 PM

Default Re: texdolly on FTP

I cannot believe this is being debated. I would stake a tonne of money on durrr (1) having played more NLHE hands than doyle and (2) durrr killing doyle in the long run [at least online). I'd be very interested to see live too.

this is a well run calc:

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know if you're levelling or if you're just plain ol' stupid. Let's assume that since Durrr started playing internet-poker, he's played on average 200 days/year of NL Hold'em where he averaged 6 hours a day while 4-tabling (which is perhaps an overly conservative assumption). 6 hours * 10 tables * 75 hands/hour (extremely conservation assupmtion) * 200 days * 3 years = 2,700,000 hands of NL Hold'em.

Now with Doyle, let's just assume he's been playing NL Hold'em for 40 years on average 150 days a year (which I think is highly ambitious because I think there were years in which he probably rarely touched the game). Let's assume on average 6 hours a day, playing 1 table of course and at around 30 hands/hour. 40 years * 150 days * 6 hours * 1 table * 40 hands/hour = 1,080,000.

So what I've done is take guestimates and make assumptions giving you the absolute benefit of the doubt, based on little research and I've already proven that your "it's not even close" statement displays your true level of ignorance.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 03-31-2007, 12:33 PM

oh yeah...and even if someone hadn't run a hypothetical scenario as above, i'd have gone for "it wouldn't have even been close" re: no. of hands.

this argument is dumb.
Old 03-31-2007, 01:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
6. there is absolutely no reason to not believe that durrr is in the top 20 of no limit poker players on the planet, end of story.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol..

Shut down your computer and take a well-deserved rest..

[/ QUOTE ]

You might want to look at who you're saying that too. I'd say KKF is in a pretty good position to judge.
Old 04-13-2007, 10:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
NVG is filled w/ tards.

[/ QUOTE ]
QFT
Old 04-13-2007, 10:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
6. there is absolutely no reason to not believe that durrr is in the top 20 of no limit poker players on the planet, end of story.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol..

Shut down your computer and take a well-deserved rest..

[/ QUOTE ]

you dont think so?

i would think he's up there in NLHE, right?
Old 04-13-2007, 11:11 PM

Doyle brunson would not beat 100/200 nl+ online over a sample size of 100k+ hands.
Old 04-14-2007, 12:13 AM

I think it's pretty wrong to assume that the live pros like Brunson are uncapable of making necessary adjustments to beat 100/200 online.

Just because the game has evolved alot over the years doesn't mean that the live pros are going to quit working on their game all of the sudden and let themselves get crushed by online wiz kids. If Doyle Brunson wants to beat 100/200 NL online I have a feeling he's capable of doing so. Durr started playing in 2004 ( so I read, correct me if I'm wrong) and alot of people on here think he's the best online NL player there is. Doyle has been playing for 50 years and can't possibly adjust and beat the online game at some point because he's old and plays live?

lol
Old 04-14-2007, 12:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think it's pretty wrong to assume that the live pros like Brunson are uncapable of making necessary adjustments to beat 100/200 online.

Just because the game has evolved alot over the years doesn't mean that the live pros are going to quit working on their game all of the sudden and let themselves get crushed by online wiz kids. If Doyle Brunson wants to beat 100/200 NL online I have a feeling he's capable of doing so. Durr started playing in 2004 ( so I read, correct me if I'm wrong) and alot of people on here think he's the best online NL player there is. Doyle has been playing for 50 years and can't possibly adjust and beat the online game at some point because he's old and plays live?

lol

[/ QUOTE ]

There does seem to be a tendency to give Internet kids too much credit in online poker circles, just like they don't get enough in live circles.
Old 04-14-2007, 12:42 AM

aba ftw
Old 04-14-2007, 01:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

lol

[/ QUOTE ]

There does seem to be a tendency to give Internet kids too much credit in online poker circles, just like they don't get enough in live circles.

[/ QUOTE ]

Much easier for a winning online pro to win live than a winning live player to win online. Live game players dont get as much credi tbecause the games are alot softer. Alot of live "pros" like matusow and negreanu are live ones online (yes daniel is down money online before the barrange of negreanu fanboys come tumbling in)