Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-2007, 06:54 PM

Default $2/4 PLO Nuts on turn bad river

I've been at the table for 5 hands and villain has yet to play a pot of any significance.

PokerStars Pot-Limit Omaha High, $4 BB (4 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

UTG ($544.90)
Hero ($402.20)
SB ($800.50)
BB ($404.40)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $12</font>, SB calls $10, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: ($28) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($28) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $16</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $68</font>, SB calls $52.

River: ($164) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero ?

Does anyone bet the river?
Is it a vbet or is it a good spot to try and take him off a chop or another better hand.
Old 04-13-2007, 07:33 PM

Default Re: $2/4 PLO Nuts on turn bad river

I really want to get better at PLO, so I'm gonna start posting my thoughts and let them get chopped up if I'm wrong.

I think my default on the flop would have been to cbet, I suspect w/ his preflop range you can take it down enough times.

I think the river is a pretty obv check, but I really want to hear what ppl have to say about this. I just don't think you get enough worse hands to call vs the times you are toast. Also I'd guess he has a made hand w/ a mild redraw on the turn a lot so he prob is capable of folding a set here and at the same time calling w/ a lot of mediocre flushes.
Old 04-13-2007, 07:42 PM

At these stakes you might get bluffed out if you bet, or he might be trapping, I would not bet, no way. Not sure what the chances of being bluffed or a check raise are but good enough for me to check it.
Old 04-13-2007, 08:27 PM

With the A of diamonds out there, you cannot reliably take him off a non nut flush without a good read. I really doubt he has the same hand. Check. The only better hand he reliably folds is 56.

And I'm with Ansky, WTF is up with not cbeting the flop?
Old 04-13-2007, 09:38 PM

First of all, with a 9-out wraparound str8 draw, you need to bet the flop. Most of the time he just goes away.

As played, on the river I think a check behind is prolly best idea, I dont think you see him looking you up with a set or two pair here (you could be semi-bluffing him with diamonds on the turn, but then you would have hit the river anyway). Also, from his point of view, you clearly dont have clubs as you would have bet those the flop, so the fact the clubs whiffed means little to him.
Old 04-14-2007, 09:26 AM

Doesn't it depend on how much you bet as to whether a river value bet is a good play? Is it possible that your opponent has AAXX or QQXX and if you bet 75 he calls when he's behind on the river? Then if he calls and you win the pot, next time you bet the river and ARE bluffing, he will have a tough decision to make.
Old 04-14-2007, 11:57 AM

I agree with Ansky check behind. I don't think you can get much value from a set, and there is a good chance he has a flush. You might bluff him off a split or 56 or maybe a small flush.

Also I like betting the flop (and calling a raise) but I don't mind checking behind with all those outs.
Old 04-14-2007, 01:35 PM

i like all plays except the flop check - this is just about as good a flopas you can get with you hand and i think you have to bet. definatly check the river
Old 04-14-2007, 03:53 PM

K this hand seems sort of simple I was trying to think of some really cool river line but nothing came so I checked back and won.
Old 04-14-2007, 08:24 PM

Yeah, def bet the flop since you raised pf. Then the range u could be betting on the turn is larger. Then check behind on river.
As played, I would usually check behind on the river. Your hand is among the weakest for calling.
However, betting half pot into this small pot and then folding to a full pot reraise is prolly a +EV but thin value bet.