Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-2007, 06:44 PM

Default Re: acupuncture

I received acupuncture treatment for nerve damage after a surgery on my small intestines. From my knees down in both legs I had no feeling except tremendous pain. The neurologist said that my body would repair the damage at the rate of about 1 mm a day. At that rate I would have been expecting constant pain and numbness for over 5 years.

I was referred to an acupuncturist for pain management, and the treatments were very successful. The pain was lessened considerably, and I was fully recovered in 1 year.

The treatments included needles, some kind of warm incense type ash stuff on pressure points, and electrical stimulation. The electrical stimulation was wires hooked up to needles in my legs with a current running through. The doctor would come in and crank up the voltage until my legs would literally be bouncing on the table.

I truly believe the acupuncture helped heal my nerve damage at an accelerated rate. I also believe that faith in the process also had a lot to do with it.

Joe
Old 04-13-2007, 07:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I truly believe the acupuncture helped heal my nerve damage at an accelerated rate. I also believe that faith in the process also had a lot to do with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think this too, but i'm such a skeptic. is there a way to come to "believing"?
Old 04-13-2007, 07:21 PM

Oddjob,

[ QUOTE ]
i'm such a skeptic. is there a way to come to "believing"?

[/ QUOTE ]

You probably won't be convinced until you try it. Just keep an open mind and take a leap of faith. I had a strong incentive to believe. I was in incredible constant pain.

Joe