Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2006, 04:16 AM

Default Re: What really happened...

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe its just me, but I don't look at this like him losing $180K. I look at this as him stealing $180K, then getting caught, and being forced to give it back.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 02-21-2006, 10:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1. JJ is 21. The "rumor" was started by ansky repeatedly asking "are you 16?" "Seriously, you must be 16."

2. This is not a severe form of cheating. Look at the tournies he grandma'd. All of them were large MTTs. Not smaller MTTs where it would be more effective.

3. Winning a 3K player tourney is a HUGE accomplishment. Congrats to Josh for this.

4. Josh IS a strange cat. It appears I am one of many who "used to talk to Josh, but then he got weird."

5. Josh is NOT the devil and he is being unfairly labeled as "JJ the Cheat." As Gbbman pointed out, many of us were in violation of T+C with mutli-accounting to play 4+ tables. True, we were prevented by the system from playing the same tables as ourselves, but we were in violation of T+C and therefore "cheaters."

6. This is not a black and white situation.

My opinion? I condemn what Josh did, approve of PP's response. I do not approve of this public stoning Josh is receiving.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK...fair enough reply and it made some sense. But you have to admit that it give extra EV beyond what his buy-in would normally get. He gets additional EV above and beyond his normal EV for each buy-in he controls...i.e., his first buy-in might be +200, his second buy-in might be +210, etc.

You somewhat acknowledged this in stating that this was less effective because it was a large-field tournament. Then again, how do we know how many accounts he actually held. Sure, the story is that he had two now, but the story a few days ago was that the account was for Grandma. So we really don't know, do we?

Add this to the fact that if I play a tournament, my EV goes down for every Josh in the tournament simply because he's a good player. The last thing I want is to have 30 extra good players in the tournament, even without the exponential EV increase.
Old 02-21-2006, 04:35 PM

wow.. cardsharpcook.. wow
Old 02-21-2006, 05:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

1. JJ is 21. The "rumor" was started by ansky repeatedly asking "are you 16?" "Seriously, you must be 16."

[/ QUOTE ]

How much money are you willin to back this up with?
Old 02-21-2006, 05:17 PM

I guess Daryn is the first one to say, "are you 16?" in this thread. My apoligies for singling Ansky out. However, this rumor is stupid and childish and has no basis in fact. There is not one reason to believe that JJ is 16 other than the numerous, "are you 16?" questions in the 2 threads. Everyone who has actually talked to Josh at any point in the past year have talked to a young man claiming to be 20, turning 21 last month. Fine it COULD be an elaborate lie, but there is absolutely no reason to believe that it is.
Old 02-21-2006, 06:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I guess Daryn is the first one to say, "are you 16?" in this thread. My apoligies for singling Ansky out. However, this rumor is stupid and childish and has no basis in fact. There is not one reason to believe that JJ is 16 other than the numerous, "are you 16?" questions in the 2 threads. Everyone who has actually talked to Josh at any point in the past year have talked to a young man claiming to be 20, turning 21 last month. Fine it COULD be an elaborate lie, but there is absolutely no reason to believe that it is.

[/ QUOTE ]

So in other words you are speculating just like everyone else and have no proof.

Thx, thats waht I thought.
Old 02-21-2006, 06:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I can think of a few legit things that people can ask regarding JJ's age:

1. Why wasn't JJ at PCA?
2. Why doesn't he have facebook?
3. Why hasn't anyone seen him email from a USC address?
4. Why does his name come up empty in a USC Google search? (http://www.google.com/univ/usc)

The simple facts are that there is no "proof" of any type that I have seen of JJ's age. In an age-sensitive arena such as gambling, lack of proof is considered by some to be proof. In my case, I don't necessarily believe that he's of age. However, I'm not confident in either direction as I haven't seen proof for either conclusion. He's shown that he's capable of lying, so there's not that much reason to believe him.
Old 02-21-2006, 06:34 PM

I know I told you I was going to leave the issue alone, but now I'm sucked back in.

[ QUOTE ]
Fine it COULD be an elaborate lie, but there is absolutely no reason to believe that it is.

[/ QUOTE ]
JJ come up with an elaborate lie? No way...
Old 02-21-2006, 08:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This sounds a lot like Justin's

"I just talked to Josh. I believe him 110%"

--
Old 02-21-2006, 11:06 PM

From page 9:
[ QUOTE ]
clearly his playing on party is illegal due to his age alone!

[/ QUOTE ]
I hate to break this to you, but it's illegal for everyone to play on Party.

AT
Closed Thread