Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 06:20 PM

Default Re: List of eWallets for Canadians

Well, I'm one of those casual Canadian players that will have to just stop playing online. I've played on FT and Stars for the past year - winning and losing the same $50 or so... The hassle of epassport seems ridiculous. In past any US funds listed on my CC have been converted to CA so I don't know how I would figure out the "test amount" they deposit or whatever the hell it is - and waiting a month to get my statement so I can deposit $50 or $100 is just stupid. I've been hoping that stars would get their crap together re the EFT option - but looks like that is a bust.

So sorry guys - the tables will continue to get tougher, cause folks like me are fed up.
Old 04-13-2007, 06:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think when MB sends money to our bank accounts it is classified as a bank transfer, not bank wire. or is this incorrect?

if that's the case, party appears to be the only good place to cash out.

[/ QUOTE ]

MB is referring to the same thing. Bank transfer becomes international bank wire because were in Canada. Countries in the European Union use bank wires a lot because it's so cheap for them. The European Union has an agreement where banks in those countries doing bank wires/transfers to each other must use a set low fee. Because were in Canada, international bank wires are extremely expensive.
Old 04-13-2007, 06:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, I'm one of those casual Canadian players that will have to just stop playing online. I've played on FT and Stars for the past year - winning and losing the same $50 or so... The hassle of epassport seems ridiculous. In past any US funds listed on my CC have been converted to CA so I don't know how I would figure out the "test amount" they deposit or whatever the hell it is - and waiting a month to get my statement so I can deposit $50 or $100 is just stupid. I've been hoping that stars would get their crap together re the EFT option - but looks like that is a bust.

So sorry guys - the tables will continue to get tougher, cause folks like me are fed up.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are a break-even player, why are you playing on two of the toughest sites on the internet...also two of the worst for banking options? Party is much softer, and MUCH easier to bank with as a Canadian.

Edit to add: Not criticizing your site choice...we all have different reasons for playing on the sites we do. Obviously there's some reason you prefer playing on FT & Stars. I'm just saying that among the criteria we use, we have been forced to add cashiering to the list, much like the Americans were. Fortunately, Party is still available to us, and it just so happens to be a much softer site than FT & Stars. You might find you have more success there, in addition to easier banking options.
Old 04-13-2007, 06:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The money showed up in my bank account after 3 working days, but the amount was $85 instead of the $100 !!!

[/ QUOTE ]

What bank do you use? I might want to switch banks. My bank took 9 working days for me to receive my MB test withdrawal. They also took a $15 fee.
Old 04-13-2007, 06:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think when MB sends money to our bank accounts it is classified as a bank transfer, not bank wire. or is this incorrect?

if that's the case, party appears to be the only good place to cash out.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't emphasize this enough...unless there's some reason it won't work for you, Party seems by FAR the best way to cash out still. Bank transfers by eWallet seem to be pretty much the worst. The only hope I see there is for a C2P ATM card...this also seems like it could be a solid option, maybe better than a Party EFT, as it potentially avoids currency exchange fees altogether. I've heard from at least one person who has ordered the ATM card, hopefully they will be posting a trip report soon.

We were really spoiled with NT before...we were fortunate since they were based, at least partially, in Canada. Easy to do EFTs/cheques with a Canadian company! Unfortunately, most of these gaming/gaming-related comapines get spooked out of any countries they have a presence in first. Similar to why the only poker site we've never been able to play at was Bodog - owned by a Canadian.
Old 04-13-2007, 07:26 PM

the C2P card sucks ass for high stakes players. think how annoying it would be to go to an ATM to withdraw $1k in cash, and then redeposit that cash into your bank account on the same ATM.

but then again...if you're a high stakes player wanting to do 10k transactions, you can afford the $50 wire charge. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 04-13-2007, 07:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the C2P card sucks ass for high stakes players. think how annoying it would be to go to an ATM to withdraw $1k in cash, and then redeposit that cash into your bank account on the same ATM.

but then again...if you're a high stakes player wanting to do 10k transactions, you can afford the $50 wire charge. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. Unfortunately, one size no longer fits all.
Old 04-13-2007, 07:41 PM

good post about Party.

I like the EFT option the best, easy once set up and free except for the exchange. And Deposits are instant.

I have not had much luck with usemybank so I stay away from them but others seem to like them.
Old 04-13-2007, 07:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you are a break-even player, why are you playing on two of the toughest sites on the internet...also two of the worst for banking options? Party is much softer, and MUCH easier to bank with as a Canadian.

Edit to add: Not criticizing your site choice...we all have different reasons for playing on the sites we do. Obviously there's some reason you prefer playing on FT & Stars. I'm just saying that among the criteria we use, we have been forced to add cashiering to the list, much like the Americans were. Fortunately, Party is still available to us, and it just so happens to be a much softer site than FT & Stars. You might find you have more success there, in addition to easier banking options.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm - good point. I started on stars when I had no idea how to play and literally learned how by using play money to start. (Seriously - I had never played poker before Jan/06 - learned what the hand rankings were, everything by fooling around and beginning to read.) I put my first $50 bucks in last summer. Then tried FT...

I downloaded the software for Party a long time ago and hated the look of the table. I never deposited and removed the software months ago. However - if the games are soft and I can actually play with real money and little hassle, seems I need to get over what the table looks like...

Thanks for the suggestion.
Old 04-13-2007, 08:04 PM

you can change the look of party at pokermods.com
Closed Thread