Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: How often do you go to showdown?
<5% 0 0%
5-10% 0 0%
10-15% 0 0%
15-20% 2 33.33%
20-25% 2 33.33%
25%+ 2 33.33%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 03:12 PM

Default Re: OT: [censored] thread, April, READ RULES IN TOP POST

[ QUOTE ]
for instance, 1:00 (am or pm) is white, 2:00 is brown, 3:00 is orange, etc... everyone thought i was an idiot except for a friend of mine in psych who said that this is actually some sort of condition that is relatively rare. its a pretty uninteresting condition in that its only symptom is visualizing letters and numbers as colors, but i was curious if anyone else was the same way.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this the condition?
Old 04-13-2007, 03:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
hey i was hanging out with some friends the other day and i mentioned something about how when i think of numbers or letters or anything that incorporates the two (time, for example) i see them as specific colors.

for instance, 1:00 (am or pm) is white, 2:00 is brown, 3:00 is orange, etc... everyone thought i was an idiot except for a friend of mine in psych who said that this is actually some sort of condition that is relatively rare. its a pretty uninteresting condition in that its only symptom is visualizing letters and numbers as colors, but i was curious if anyone else was the same way.

also, do you guys have a rule about jerking off before potentially having sex? i like to jerk off the night before i think i might have sex because then im not too eager or too worn out and it seems to result in the optimal length and number of times i can go... again, some friends think im retarded while some have similar theories.

these two things are not related in any way.

[/ QUOTE ]

I stop jerking off when I think I'm going to have sex in the coming few days. It's part superstition, but I feel like I close better if I'm a little backed up.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been with my wife for 8 years now (beat, brag or variance?), but used to "relieve the tension" the morning of rather than the night before.
Old 04-13-2007, 03:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hey i was hanging out with some friends the other day and i mentioned something about how when i think of numbers or letters or anything that incorporates the two (time, for example) i see them as specific colors.

also, do you guys have a rule about jerking off before potentially having sex? i like to jerk off the night before i think i might have sex because then im not too eager or too worn out and it seems to result in the optimal length and number of times i can go... again, some friends think im retarded while some have similar theories.

[/ QUOTE ]

I saw a TV special on some dude that can calculate insane numbers in his head very quickly and he's never wrong. He said something about visualizing numbers as colors and shapes. Maybe you're some kind of genius.
Old 04-13-2007, 03:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I stop jerking off when I think I'm going to have sex in the coming few days. It's part superstition, but I feel like I close better if I'm a little backed up.

[/ QUOTE ]

a) its basically all superstition, but whatever floats your boat

b) how the hell can you plan that far ahead?
Old 04-13-2007, 03:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

a) its basically all superstition, but whatever floats your boat

b) how the hell can you plan that far ahead?

[/ QUOTE ]

I usually know when my GHB shipments are gonna arrive and plan accordingly.
Old 04-13-2007, 03:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I saw a TV special on some dude that can calculate insane numbers in his head very quickly and he's never wrong. He said something about visualizing numbers as colors and shapes. Maybe you're some kind of genius.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is partly what im getting at, altho i omitted it from my earlier post. its not that i think im a genius or anything, but ive always approached math in a very unique way. like in high school i would consistently answer questions in a manner that was different from what the teach had taught us. on several occassions i would have my teacher come up to me with my test and say, you got the right answer, but ive never seen anyone answer like this. in one of my stats courses in university i got a mark of 5/25 or something on an assignment because i only arrived at the right answer but didnt use the right method to arrive at it. when i met with my professor to discuss, i explained to him what i had done and he seemed somewhat taken aback. he said that he had never even thought about the problem like that and would consider teaching that as an alternative method. i obviously got the mark changed to 25/25. now these courses were not like graduate level math courses. they were relatively simple math courses, just ones that i approached differently than others. i have always done very well in math courses in both high school and uni (typically 95%+) and read an article about this aforementioned condition that said there might be some link between mathematical aptitude and the symptoms i described.

i thought this would be a reasonable place to ask about something like this given that there are a lot of mathematically and logically inclined people who play poker, especially sngs.
Old 04-13-2007, 03:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

All babies are synesthetes.
Old 04-13-2007, 04:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why are you not using V2+? Upgrade.

[/ QUOTE ]

Got it. Ty.
Old 04-13-2007, 04:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
You obviously have never spoken with Bigt.
Old 04-13-2007, 04:21 PM

Definitely genius, definitely, yeah, genius. Definitely.

<font color="red"> BTW - Happy Birthday Cha59! </font>

If you would have known that you'd live this long, would you have taken better care of yourself?????
Closed Thread