Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-2007, 02:06 PM

Default A few 100 PL hands

Hi guys, I'm a PLO8 player and I've recently started playing PLO and it would be great to get some feedback on these hands.

Hand 1, Villian is extremely loose (70 VPIP) and very passive pre and post flop. Flop comments? What's the turn plan? Villian is the type to call with bare non-nut flush draws on the flop.

PokerStars Pot-Limit Omaha High, $1.00 BB (7 handed) internettexasholdem.com

CO ($61.75)
Button ($125.20)
SB ($212.25)
BB ($91.70)
UTG ($75)
Hero ($115.80)
MP2 ($93.20)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls $1, MP2 calls $1, CO calls $1, Button calls $1, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($6) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks, MP2 checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $5.7</font>, SB folds, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $22.8</font>, MP2 folds, CO folds, Button calls $17.10.

Turn: ($51.60) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Hand 2, unfortunately no read on villian. I've only played about 10 hands with him/her. What's the plan on the turn and river?

PokerStars Pot-Limit Omaha High, $1.00 BB (8 handed) internettexasholdem.com

BB ($42.50)
UTG ($144)
UTG+1 ($114.50)
MP1 ($235.10)
MP2 ($63.30)
CO ($94.50)
Hero ($98.50)
SB ($53.60)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises to $3.5</font>, MP2 calls $3.50, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls $3.50, SB calls $3, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: ($15) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $14.25</font>, SB folds, MP1 calls $14.25, MP2 folds.

Turn: ($43.50) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets $41.4</font>, Hero ???

Hand 3, PF raiser is pretty active. Flop leader is an idiot, and he would lead this with a bare non-nut flush draw. What's the flop plan here? The top 2 pair redraw makes it tempting to raise here, but my gut tells me to wait for the turn, unless the pf raiser raises, in which case I was planning on pushing. (Questionable PF limp here OOP, but I was gonna quit at the blind, so I figured WTF)

PokerStars Pot-Limit Omaha High, $1.00 BB (9 handed) internettexasholdem.com

UTG ($209)
Hero ($153.30)
MP1 ($105.45)
MP2 ($244.35)
MP3 ($102.80)
CO ($61.80)
Button ($72.30)
SB ($57)
BB ($140.80)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls $1, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises to $2</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB calls $1.50, BB calls $1, Hero calls $1.

Flop: ($8) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $3</font>, BB calls $3, Hero ???
Old 04-13-2007, 02:31 PM

Default Re: A few 100 PL hands

1 - pot
2 - fold
3 - pot
Old 04-13-2007, 02:50 PM

Interesting hands. I'm pretty sure I'd check the first hand probably intending to fold since he is so passive. Also I'd definitely raise the last one, you will get action from a lot of hands you have in bad shape and I don't see why you think it will be easier to do so on the turn.

Hand 2 is gay, at these stakes I would probably give him credit for the hand he is representing, against more aggressive players easy push.
Old 04-13-2007, 03:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 2 is gay, at these stakes I would probably give him credit for the hand he is representing, against more aggressive players easy push.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ane easy push? How can you call that an easy push? Even against aggressive players...really? I can see a push maybe but an easy one? Sounds like you like to gamble to me, but I am just getting into plo.
Old 04-13-2007, 03:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ane easy push? How can you call that an easy push? Even against aggressive players...really? I can see a push maybe but an easy one? Sounds like you like to gamble to me, but I am just getting into plo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Like most experienced poker players, RT is playing against an aggressive villain’s range. This is not a PLO-dependent poker skill.
Old 04-13-2007, 03:20 PM

Ok Troll, thats fine, but I wasn't talking to you
Old 04-13-2007, 03:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
It's not easy against anyone, but if the guy is aggressive he can have any set, the smaller straight, a different straight draw, or diamonds here as well as the big straight. It's hard for him to have this range balanced so that shoving is unprofitable, since you have so many outs even if he has the straight.
Old 04-13-2007, 04:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd definitely raise the last one, you will get action from a lot of hands you have in bad shape and I don't see why you think it will be easier to do so on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

On the last hand, there was a little bit of end-of-session-risk-intolerance-after-recovering-from-3BI-loss-to-bookiing-a-small-win something going on which made me not want to be staring at a heart turn big multiway pot. But you're right -- I was a bit of a wuss.

On the second hand, I can't fold right? Assuming he's got one of the str8s only, I'm still only a 2-1 dog here. I don't think a push is necessary here because I got no fold equity and villian will be getting 4-1 on a river bet, so he'll most likely call when I hit -- unless maybe he's got the naked str8 and a board pairing diamond hits. The only reason to push (as you pointed out) is if there's some chance the villian is bluffing or semi-bluffing something like AAQ w/diamonds. At these stakes, that's unlikely, but still possible.
Old 04-13-2007, 04:24 PM

OK I forgot you had a gutshot as well, now I don't fold it against anyone. Calling or pushing are close, if I don't expect him to be aggro I probably just call. I think there is a chance he will c/f a board pair though.