Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-2007, 02:06 PM

Default Re: PSA: PokerStars will not let me cash out -- EVER!

[ QUOTE ]
Jorge at Stars said:
"can play at the tables and not simply receive a transfer and then immediately cash it out"

This is where you point out that you have played on Stars a GREAT DEAL and are NOT 'simply receiving a transfer and cashing it out'.

So, how much DID you actually play on Stars?
All the other stuff you are explaining doesn't seem very helpful to me.

You say that it is money for playing poker and that you have played a lot already.
You then ask how much you need to play with the money before being allowed to cash-out.

I agree Stars isn't handling this so great if you really have played a lot. Because that makes Jorge's statement about immediately turning it around and trying to cash it out incorrect.

But your failure to point that out to him more directly may be exacerbating the communication problemo here.

Hopefully Stars sees this thread sooner or later and comes up with a solution or more direct answer for you.
You may want to try PM'ing somebody like sciolist or scotyy or one of those guys.

Or you can try e-mailing Stars again with more direct questions observations about how much you have played already and how much do you need to play in order to cash out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Microbob. Thanks for the input. I've read your posts elswhere and respect you. I do think you've got it wrong though. Or maybe reasonable minds differ.

In response to your suggestions, note that I stated to Stars: "So I can never withdraw the money you are holding of mine? That seems to be what you're saying below.... This is very dissappointing; I'm a legitimate player at Stars. The money was deposited (transferred) for the purpose of playing at Stars' tables, and has been used for that purpose." Thus, I did point out that I played at their tables (I have no idea how much rake I generated, but it was dozens of sessions, mostly 2-4 and 3-6 and 1-2 limit).

You are correct that Jorge's statement about immidiately pulling it out is incorrect (and not applicable here). The plain language of my emails reflects this. Finally, note that in my final email, in a tone of desperation, I equivocally asked what I can do that would permit them to allow me to withdraw. Your suggestion that I "point out" to them, although appreciated, would not do anything not already done. Stars' final email to me confirms that nothing can be done (other than losing the money or sending it to someone.) Stars final response to me shows that they are not willing to permit me to withdraw, regardless of how much I play. I don't see how it could be more clear.

Keep in mind Bob, that Stars has already addressed the issue you're suggesting I raise ("How much play in order to withdraw?"). The answer is that only money transferred "as a result of activity on [Stars] tables" can be withdrawn. They said it in plain English, black and white. Like said in a post above, I'm having a hard time coming up with a hypothetical, other than collusion among players, in which such a situation would arise.

Anyways, not trying to fight with you here. Who are those guys that you said I should PM? Are they PokerStars guys?
Old 04-13-2007, 02:27 PM

i don't think they are trying to hold onto your money forever. it looks like a misunderstanding to me. you should email them, explaining that you didn't simply receive a transfer and cash out. you've played some poker. if they want you to play some more, ask them exactly how much more play is necessary.

you seem to think that won't get you anywhere, but i think you're wrong about that.
Old 04-13-2007, 02:27 PM

yes, they are regular posters on 2+2 who are cust-serv people at Stars.
There are a couple others as well, but Scottyy and Sciolist seem to be around the most (probably mis-spelled Scottyy's name)

I'm sure they will see this thread eventually (if they haven't already).

I agree with your other points about this situation.
I thought maybe trying to say the same thing more directly might be worthwhile though.
Even though it looks like they've already adressed it I'm not sure it would hurt to directly ask, "How much do I need to play in order to be allowed to cashout?" and "If I deposit from a different source will you allow me to cash-out?" or anything else.

you got responses from both Jorge and from Bruno about this so I'm not sure starting a new chain of e-mails (not replying to them, rather e-mailing them again 'fresh') would accomplish anything.
Old 04-13-2007, 02:29 PM

Location: On my knees praying that God shows my opponents His power

I think the fundamental issue is that you didn't play enough. Obviously Stars doesn't want to be a transfer station, but there's also the bigger issue of money laundering and with the current attitude of the Justice Dept they don't want to be anywhere near this sort of thing.

Had you paid a few thousand in rake, I bet this wouldnt be an issue, but now that it is, they're not going to allow you to cash out.

It seems like you're only move is to work your way up the management ladder and see if someone will change the decision, but I have some doubt this will happen.

Why can't you transfer back to either of these friends? Offer them 10% for the trouble.
Old 04-13-2007, 02:31 PM

IMO your are having a problem because you told to much of the truth...You told Stars that the reason for the transfer was for the settlement of personal debt..Stars then said that is in direct violation of there licence...IMO you would not be having a problem had you just said something like Post UIGEA this was the quickest easiest way to get money onto Stars in order to play...
Old 04-13-2007, 02:48 PM

Make a deposit and clear the first-time deposit bonus, then try to cash out.
Old 04-13-2007, 02:52 PM

It seems like these threads are popping up everywhere. UB has random "security checks" etc. When I withdraw now I feel like I have to sneak a little of my bankroll out at a time so they don't notice, as it seems like most of the time money is getting frozen when people want to take all or most of their money out at once. If you had only cashed out a few hundred maybe they wouldn't have noticed?

Good luck getting your money JTP. you coul try finding someone you trust on starts to dump/trasfer it to.
Old 04-13-2007, 02:59 PM

Here is a real complicated solution:

1) Transfer the money back to the friend's account as PokerStars suggested.
2) Have friend cash out the money and put it in his bank account.
3) Friend then writes a check for the amount of money he owes you.
4) Friend puts the check in an envelope addressed to you, and puts a .39 cent stamp on it.
5) Envelope with your address is given to the US Postal Service.
6) US Postal Service delivers the check to you.
7) You take friend's check to your bank and deposit it. Note: do not tell bank teller this is related to poker.
8) Funds are soon available in your bank account for you to spend on blow and hookers.
Old 04-13-2007, 03:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Here is a real complicated solution:

1) Transfer the money back to the friend's account as PokerStars suggested.
2) Have friend cash out the money and put it in his bank account.
3) Friend then writes a check for the amount of money he owes you.
4) Friend puts the check in an envelope addressed to you, and puts a .39 cent stamp on it.
5) Envelope with your address is given to the US Postal Service.
6) US Postal Service delivers the check to you.
7) You take friend's check to your bank and deposit it. Note: do not tell bank teller this is related to poker.
8) Funds are soon available in your bank account for you to spend on blow and hookers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here is an even more complicated solution:

1) Stars sends him a check for HIS MONEY.

He shouldn't have to go out of his way to get his money. He had money transferred to his Stars account to play poker, he played a bunch of poker and now would like to withdraw. Stars is giving him the runaround, despite having profited from his play over the last few months. He didn't use them to transfer and immediately cashout. He shouldn't have to be inconvenienced.
Old 04-13-2007, 03:06 PM

chip dump to a friend and they can withdraw

tell them he was staking you and didnt win as much as expected