Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-2007, 10:57 AM

Default 50 PL - AA preflop in 3-bet pot

PokerStars Pot-Limit Omaha High, $0.50 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($128.95)
BB ($16.90)
UTG ($34.55)
MP ($49.50)
CO ($56.40)
Button ($51.85)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls $0.50, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $2</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $7</font>, Hero ???

Button had been very solid preflop and had never 3-bet preflop in 50ish hands until this point. Original raiser was a good player and had been raising preflop more than most.

Given my read on the button im pretty sure he has better Aces than me. Is it worth passing here or getting all the chips in regardless?

Cheers
Old 04-13-2007, 12:58 PM

Default Re: 50 PL - AA preflop in 3-bet pot

LOL.

Call, knowing he has two aces is awesome news for you with the other two aces. Raise him off any flop that comes 2 hearts or two spades. Raise him off any board that looks like he didn't improve.

Reraising is dumb if you are certain he has aces since you have 0 fold equity. Give yourself some fold equity by smooth calling and shoving the flop.
Old 04-13-2007, 03:10 PM

This sounds good to me if i had raised early and then been reraised by this player, but if i flat call here im oop and i let the first raiser in cheap He can be playing a wide range of hands here meaning i wont be comfortable on many flops.

Do you still flat call with this in mind and evaluate on the flop?
Old 04-13-2007, 03:23 PM

Close your eyes, shove, wait 10 seconds, open
Old 04-13-2007, 09:50 PM

Just because he hasn't reraised in 50 hands doesn't mean he necessarily has aces when he reraises OTB against an aggressive raiser. This could easily be something like QJT8 or maybe KK if he's bad. I'd go ahead and just reraise here and then push any flop.
Old 04-13-2007, 09:55 PM

Uhm immediately raise the pot and happily get stacks in. If he cold calls, open-push any flop. If you have AAxx, him having anything other than AAxx is infinitely more like than AAxx, despite the fact that he is nitty. Youd be suprised what people do at 50 PLO.

You dont have a crappy AA either, as you have a potential flush draw, and the J gives you str8 potential.