Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who is in the more wrong here?
Anacardo mega wrong 3 2.31%
Anacardo semi wrong 6 4.62%
meh, can't tell 31 23.85%
Kitty semi wrong 40 30.77%
kitty mega wrong. 50 38.46%
Voters: 130. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 08:28 PM

Default Re: Today I became a pro.

Im still a little befuddled as to how someone's aspirations or goals can be to make $60/day...
Old 04-12-2007, 08:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is this a serious string? I'm working to go pro myself but taking a drastically different approach. I have to have 18 months living expenses socked away on top of a $75K bankroll. I currently make well into 6 figures, have an 18month old and a spouse that does not work. My plan is to play 60% live and 40% online..My online stats are modest but have a strong ROI since I started playing sitgos seriously and have done well in MTTs..I'm still working at my game and am not ready to make the move yet..I dont fathom how someone wakes up 1 day with no previously established back-up and GOES PRO? It doesnt matter how low your living costs are..You need to better prepare yourself and have realistic goals.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, he's not you. No mortgage, no spouse, no kid. Good luck to him. But for God's sake man, get up to the $6s so you can buy pizza AND beer.
Old 04-12-2007, 08:30 PM

I reckon it won't last* past the end of April.

Anyone willing to offer odds?

*definition: he will have taken up other employment or otherwise substantially stopped playing poker full-time
Old 04-12-2007, 08:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just for the record I don't at all consider someone who uses poker as their sole source of income automatically a pro. I think that title comes from successfully beating the higher levels, not from deciding you are going to quit your job and start grinding the lowest levels available on Stars.

You may have started working towards becoming a pro.. but you can't just wake up and decide to be one, doesn't really work like that.

I like to play soccer, but it would be completely rediculous if I said today I went pro, am from now on am going to devote 10 hours per day to it. I would have to work towards the goal first and actually get good enough to be a pro...

[/ QUOTE ]

And therein lies the sublime beauty of this quest. He really can declare himself a PRO. The fact of the matter is that if he can do it, he is a PRO even if you don't like it, especially if you don't like it. The Doyle Brunson of the $3 SNGs. This may be my all time favorite thread.

Don't spend it all in one place.
Old 04-12-2007, 08:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Slim,

You may be on to something there. Would everybody like me to hold the money?

[/ QUOTE ]

We're degens, not morons.

[/ QUOTE ]

It would be like staging a monkey knife fight and letting the monkeys hold the money. They'd inevitably turn on their masters, and having both weapons and cash, overthrow them in a bloody uprising.
Old 04-12-2007, 08:41 PM

Well, as wickss takes a short break to eat some pizza, I have more to say.

TheSauce, Thank you for your title recommendation, and well hey, sometimes you can't beat simplicity, right?

JMills, I'm not sure that wickss long-term "aspiration" is to make $60 per day. Really, its just an amount to survive on while he builds a bankroll to test himself in sharkier waters.

ElHombre, If I'm not mistaken, this is your first post in this epic thread. Nicely done and welcome to the club!!

Josem, You very well may be right, but if that happens won't the world be robbed of something truly special?
Old 04-12-2007, 08:42 PM

if he keeps up around 15% 9 tabling for which he does now, why in the hell shouldn't it last past April? In a couple of weeks at this rate he'll be bankrolled for the $15;s where there are plenty of college kids getting their income from who require more $$ than him.
Old 04-12-2007, 08:48 PM

this is pretty funny,this guy was in a bunch of my 6.50's on a 9 table session the other day and he played absolutely awful.
Old 04-12-2007, 08:50 PM

Tokebowlz,

Awful is a relative term.
Old 04-12-2007, 08:52 PM

Tokebowlz SN please?
Closed Thread