Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-12-2007, 07:53 PM

Default 2 hands of texas hold em poker

Hand 1: 10/20 absolute - villain is enfys for those of you who know (30/18/2 type). dont have my notes offhand, but he seems solidish. I raise A9o from the button, and enfys calls in bb.

Flop comes 962 w/ 2 clubs, giving me a wonderful backdoor nut draw. I bet and 3 bet villain's c/r. Turn is the queen of spades, and I get c'r again. I strongly consider folding, but then realize I am getting 8:1 in a blind battle. He has played fairly straightforward against me recently (though I have seen him make some strange plays in the past). I figure he should have at least a queen, and maybe a set, considering the super strong line. Is folding acceptable?

Hand 2: 15/30, 6 handed, against an unknown. I open KK utg, both blinds call. Villain DONKS a 4 10 2 board (top two cards are clubs), tag raises, and I three it. Both call. Turn is the trey of clubs, and of course I get checkered by the unknown (tag folds).

What is my best line- a) fold b) call and fold unimproved c) call and fold only to a club river d) 3 bet (this seems awful to me)? Seems tough to fold here against an unknown, but he is showing great strength, and I think there is a reasonable chance I am drawing dead. Thoughts?