Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-12-2007, 06:18 PM

Default Flush Draws

I'm learning but don't really understand how to play flush and straight draws or defend against them.

If you have a hand and there are two clubs on the flop and you want to bet so if your opponent on a flush draw calls he is making a mistake, what percentage of pot is required.

If I'm on the flush draw on the flop, not all in, what percentage of flop should I call when chasing flush and at what point should I fold?

Basically it comes down to if I should use two cards to come or play like there is just one card to come on odds.

I was recently told I should not call a pot size bet on the flop with a Nut Flush Draw. Was he right. Most players Have between $100 and $300 in game, I at @$200. $24 in pot bet was $25.

Play mostly live $1/$2 in Tunica. My bankroll moves up and down around breakeven but never more than $700 + -. Need to understand this important step.
Old 04-12-2007, 06:45 PM

Default Re: Flush Draws

probably want beginners forum, but w/e

[ QUOTE ]
Basically it comes down to if I should use two cards to come or play like there is just one card to come on odds.

[/ QUOTE ]

one

[ QUOTE ]
I was recently told I should not call a pot size bet on the flop with a Nut Flush Draw. Was he right. Most players Have between $100 and $300 in game, I at @$200. $24 in pot bet was $25.

[/ QUOTE ]

depends on the player, implied odds are the main factor. if he's bad then yeah calling is fine

www.pokertips.org

read some of that i think there's something on pot odds. if not just type pot odds in google and you'll find something.

hope that helps

I'd also suggest having more in your BR at least 2000 if you are playing 1/2