Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-12-2007, 02:41 PM

Default Re: 1 opponant 2 hands, 2 sets: NL25

[ QUOTE ]
So is hand 1 a pf raise because I am first in? There was quite a lot of limping pots at this table and I though I would be able to get it in cheap. Is this to build a pot?

Hand 2 I am not sure if I agree with the pf 3 bet. I don't have position and am playing a big pot oop if I miss. This guy could be an idiot or he could just be mixing it up. I think I still like keeping the pot small and then trying to get it all in on a good flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

For me its a style thing. I rarely open limp ever and never with PPs. I'm looking to take down the blinds, take the pot down on the flop with a cbet, or hit a set on the flop and bust somebody who overplays their top pair. There are also image considerations to take into account. If I'm only raising 88+ AQ+ from EP I become very easy to play against. On the flip side of that people tend to give EP raisers more credit for their hands so I can often win the pot by representing a better hand when my small/med pocket pairs miss.

In hand 2 you have a read that villan likes to raise a wide range (he did raise 43s right) so when you just call his pfr a lot of your "set value" goes down the drain because he is going to miss most flops and you won't get paid off. If you 3bet against a habitual stealer like this you will often win the pot preflop and unless he's a maniac you can narrow his range down quite a bit when you get called and play the flop accordingly.