Old 04-12-2007, 12:51 PM

Default Confusing River

Villain's Stats:
VPIP: 23.16
PFR: 14.74
RiverAF: 2.00
TotalAF: 1.33
Sample Size: 95 Hands

The Villain here seems to be a pretty solid player who is selective preflop and tends to value bet his hands. I will reason my way through the hand as we go.

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $1/$2 Blinds - 4 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

marcopolo28: $139.55
LaBangBang88: $419.30
<u>BigBadDevil: $281.40</u>
<u>Hero: $811.90</u>

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (4 Players)
<font color="red">BigBadDevil raises to $7</font>, Hero calls $7, 2 folds

He has only been showing down solid hands so far this session, I elect to call and see what happens on the flop.

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($14) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BigBadDevil bets $12</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $30</font>, BigBadDevil calls $18

This is the flop I was looking for, I raise to see where I am at, if i am reraised I can fold the hand, the call indicated to me that I am pretty far ahead, right now I have him on ATs or AJ, maybe AQ.

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($74) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BigBadDevil checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $50</font>, BigBadDevil calls $50

I fired out a value bet here.

<font color="black">River:</font> ($174) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BigBadDevil bets all-in for $194.40</font>, Hero calls $194.40

This is where things got confusing, I just felt that this player is solid and that he wouldnt get a hardon and just shove if he smacked a flush on the river. Any monster hand here in my opinion is going to try and extract some kind of value out of me and the only time that he makes that bet is if he wants me to fold.

Pot Size: $562.80 ($2 Rake)

In hindsight I feel that I maybe should have raised the flop but I definatly should have bet more on the flop and turn, but the river has had me perplexed ever since this happened. Any comments would be appreciated.
Old 04-12-2007, 12:55 PM

Default Re: Confusing River

Do you really want to be playing for stacks with one pair vs a player you describe as solid?
Old 04-12-2007, 12:58 PM

His river shove is never a bluff here. Rest of the hand looks ok but fold the river
Old 04-12-2007, 01:14 PM

fold the river.

i rr pf alot but calling is okay i guess.

i also call the flop alot.