Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-12-2007, 03:59 AM

Default Re: Don Imus Comments

[ QUOTE ]
Sweet Jesus, ESPN. Give it a rest. How the eff are off-the-cuff comments by a freaking morning shock jock worthy of this much attention. Tim Hardaway didn't get this much heat and his comments were an order of magnitude worse, without half the regret.

[/ QUOTE ]

I totally agree. Who the hell cares.

Who really gives a rip what Imus says. When the hell has he been relevant in the last, I don't know, 20 years?

I just read where the Vols womens team are now going to meet with him. Why? It's not going to solve anything. He's an idiot. He was an idiot apologizing on Sharpetons show, who's also an idiot.

Must be slow news in sports with the NBA winding down, MLB just starting and spring ball for college FB.

Whatta joke.

b
Old 04-12-2007, 04:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sweet Jesus, ESPN. Give it a rest. How the eff are off-the-cuff comments by a freaking morning shock jock worthy of this much attention. Tim Hardaway didn't get this much heat and his comments were an order of magnitude worse, without half the regret.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think Imus's comments were more offensive, but Hardaway's were more damaging.

I understand why those girls would feel offended. However they should be smart enough to realize that he can't actually do anything to them. That whole sticks and stones stuff. Stop crying girls.

Hardaway, on the other hand, planted a seed of doubt or greatly reinforced the existing doubt in the minds of gay athletes. They will legitimately wonder if their teammates would hate them if they came out. That kind of stuff can really [censored] with a person's head and tear apart teams.

Hardaway's comments have some very bad potential implications, whereas Imus is just an old windbag.

There was a time when it was okay to hate on blacks, or women. It was just tolerated. Right now society in general tolerates hating on gay people. In 10 or 20 or 50 years it'll be different, we'll consider it deplorable. But now that's just the way it is. That's why there's such a difference in media coverage. It is not okay for a white person to make insensitive remarks against black people. That simple fact completely overshadows the actual effects that may result from these types of comments.
Old 04-12-2007, 05:18 AM

[i]Oh no he didn't!!!
Old 04-12-2007, 10:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I totally agree. Who the hell cares.

Who really gives a rip what Imus says. When the hell has he been relevant in the last, I don't know, 20 years?

I just read where the Vols womens team are now going to meet with him. Why?

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe they are going to thank him for noting they were cute.
Old 04-12-2007, 01:15 PM

Nice speech by Mike opening the show today.

Also of note: never has the Radiothon raised as much money in the hours leading up to Mike and Chris as it did this morning.
Old 04-12-2007, 01:40 PM

"When will Al Sharpton apologize to the Duke lacrosse players?"--Don Imus.

QFT
Old 04-12-2007, 03:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I understand why those girls would feel offended. However they should be smart enough to realize that he can't actually do anything to them. That whole sticks and stones stuff. Stop crying girls.

[/ QUOTE ]

The girls themselves have acted with class.
They are not the ones who have been pushing this but they did respond when everyone else started freaking out about it.
Don't blame the girls. It's practically everyone BUT the girls who was pushing this really hard before they had their press-conference.

They had not been calling for Imus to be fired to my knowledge.
They didn't even do anything when it first happened afaik.

I don't blame the girls here at all.
If AFTER everyone else freaks out they are asked if they are offended by this and they say 'yes' then that's just being honest.
Old 04-12-2007, 03:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The girls themselves have acted with class.
They are not the ones who have been pushing this but they did respond when everyone else started freaking out about it.
Don't blame the girls. It's practically everyone BUT the girls who was pushing this really hard before they had their press-conference.

They had not been calling for Imus to be fired to my knowledge.
They didn't even do anything when it first happened afaik.

I don't blame the girls here at all.
If AFTER everyone else freaks out they are asked if they are offended by this and they say 'yes' then that's just being honest.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because of the lack of reaction from the team at first, I do wonder how many of the girls really think, "What the [censored] do I care what some old shmuck says about me?" but felt pressure to appear and tote the company line.
Old 04-12-2007, 04:40 PM

Imus has been fired from his radio show.

Ridiculous.

And on the day that is exemplary of all the good work that he does. Shameful.
Old 04-12-2007, 04:59 PM

Wow. Good scoop. Didn't surface on the mainstream net until 15 minutes after you posted it.