Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-11-2007, 08:13 PM

Default Re: UFC 69

[ QUOTE ]
Huerta vs Garcia was one of the best fights ever. If that's not your style maybe you'd be happier watching ADCC or wrestling.

[/ QUOTE ]

it's really getting tiring to see a bunch of guys new to MMA see a high energy match and call it one of the best fights ever.

huerta vs garcia was entertaining but it was pretty much a beatdown. garcia is tough but big [censored] deal. no one ever won a fight by getting punched in the face a lot.
Old 04-11-2007, 08:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Seems like 2+2 lost a whole day's worth of posts. Anyway, yeah, the GSP loss was a huge shocker. GSP should be able to win that match 9 times out of 10. I'm passed the grieving stage. Six-months worth of profits gone down the drain. The square thing to do now is panic and start chasing my losses. But I'm back to grinding it out from square one.

Bridgejumping is the stupid thing to do in hindsight, but at the same time I can stand the loss. If a loss like this changes your spending habits or lifestyle, then you're betting way over your head. I took a risk, and it backfired. Again, this highlights the point that nothing is a Lock. Lesson learned. I don't think I'll be bridgejumping again.

[/ QUOTE ]

give me a -850 line on fading a 1 in 200ish shot, and i'll gladly bridgejump again. losers make excuses on why they lost and try fancy accounting methods to inflate their record. winners simply have the confidence that they will make it back in time..

random factoids only i might find interesting:

out of 100k sample simulation i ran on this fight: serra won the fight .5% of the time. serra won the fight by ko/tko (excluding doctor stoppage due to injury) twice in 100,000 trials. this is of course due to the fact that serra has NEVER tko'd anyone before and gsp has taken far hard-hitting punchers.

in contrast, my simulation program made mirko about 95% fav over sanchez

[/ QUOTE ]

i can't tell. is this a joke?
what did you run your simulations on?? fighter hayabusa vs starman on your nintendo emulator?
Old 04-11-2007, 08:23 PM

i use tecmo superbowl myself
Old 04-11-2007, 08:26 PM

actually it's the same simulator that nasa used to fake the moon-landing on..

that or excel
Old 04-11-2007, 08:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Huerta vs Garcia was one of the best fights ever. If that's not your style maybe you'd be happier watching ADCC or wrestling.

[/ QUOTE ]

it's really getting tiring to see a bunch of guys new to MMA see a high energy match and call it one of the best fights ever.

huerta vs garcia was entertaining but it was pretty much a beatdown. garcia is tough but big [censored] deal. no one ever won a fight by getting punched in the face a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

THANK YOU. IMO fans of the sport should have been SOOO excited for the Diego/Kos fight LIVE because you know what's at stake and you know the level of skills these guys have. I agree it's not fun to watch in replay but that's not what hte UFC is for...you watch it without knowing whats gonna happen and then it's the [censored]. If you wanna see some pretty or crazy fight, go download a kung fu flick...I do all the time.
Old 04-11-2007, 08:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

THANK YOU. IMO fans of the sport should have been SOOO excited for the Diego/Kos fight LIVE because you know what's at stake and you know the level of skills these guys have. I agree it's not fun to watch in replay but that's not what hte UFC is for...you watch it without knowing whats gonna happen and then it's the [censored]. If you wanna see some pretty or crazy fight, go download a kung fu flick...I do all the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

diego/kos was disappointing but not entirely. having bet on kos i was happy seeing him execute a winning gameplan.

there are plenty of great fights that go on in mma all the time. two lugs standing up and beating the [censored] out of each other is not a great fight just because it's back and forth. it's an evenly matched, untechnical brawl.

you want a great fight that happened recently?/ check out edgar vs griffin from ufc67
Old 04-11-2007, 08:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]

that or excel

[/ QUOTE ]

so... you used excel to quantify an mma match and calculate the likelihood of the possible results?

seriously though.. is this a joke? i mean it's such a retarded idea...
Old 04-11-2007, 08:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

that or excel

[/ QUOTE ]

so... you used excel to quantify an mma match and calculate the likelihood of the possible results?

seriously though.. is this a joke? i mean it's such a retarded idea...

[/ QUOTE ]

well i can ceratinly understand if the concept is beyond your area of expertise, not everyone is qualified to understand the monte-carlo simulations..

in your case, i would suggest start off learning something simpler and more to your speed, such as breathing
Old 04-11-2007, 09:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And I'm getting really tired of keyboard warriors bragging about how long they have been fans and being snobs about fights. I don't think that was one of the best fights ever, but it was definitely an entertaining fight for anybody who is not a nit. Joe Rogan was able to enjoy the fight even though he is a brown belt under Eddie Bravo, probably knows a lot more about grappling than you do, and followed MMA longer than you have.
Old 04-11-2007, 09:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
no one ever won a fight by getting punched in the face a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

i know at least one person who disagrees:

Not to mention Garcia came pretty close to winning that fight when he took Huerta's back in the third round.

Generally though, I agree - Garcia / Huerta was the best fight of the night and was a good high-energy match, but wouldn't be in my top 50 all time, let alone anywhere near a top ten.