Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-10-2007, 03:23 PM

Default Re: coolmoe\'s NHL Series picks

Any reason u didnt take New Jersey...and anyone else have any thoughts on this series?
Old 04-10-2007, 05:12 PM

NJ was decimated with injuries down the stretch and still played above average. Lecavailer and St Louis are not going to perform like they usually do againist a boring defensive minded team like NJ.

The Devils win this series much more than 67% of the time, with my conservative guess being in the 75% area.
Old 04-10-2007, 05:20 PM

I do think NJ should win this series. TBay has some playoff experience and some really good players...I just didn't feel it when it came time to bet.
Old 04-10-2007, 08:47 PM

Serious goaltending issues in Tampa.
Old 04-10-2007, 10:49 PM

I just made 2 bets for the 1st rd

NJ over TB -194
Ana over Min -160
Old 04-10-2007, 11:29 PM

Yeah i think im gonna make a big bet on the Devils
Old 04-11-2007, 10:46 AM

This is the biggest goalie differential in playoff history...but TBay has 3 proven playoff stars. who wins? usually the goalie i guess.
Old 04-11-2007, 01:14 PM

Everyone i talk to is telling me the wild will win becuase of their hot streak lately. Im still taking the ducks cuase thats my team and their roster is alot better imo.

Even though bryzgalov has actually surprised me in the last few games hes played (must have been coaching him alot for playoffs fixing his leaks) but im kind of worried that giguere is still on the injured list (for personal reasons?)
I really hope bryzgalov isnt playing the whole playoffs.

I relly hope ducks offense steps it up. Well see how they are looking tonight. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Go Ducks.
Old 04-11-2007, 01:29 PM

re. TB-NJ...Since the All Star break Holmqvist has actually had a better quality start % than Brodeur. I think this series is much closer to a toss up than people realize and will happily take the + money line.
As for the Isles, this was purely a value play which assumed DiPietro would be ready to go. In that case I thought the fair line should be Buffalo -300 (The absolute highest any team should be in the playoffs is -400 imho) so whenever I can get a team at +461 I'll find a reason to do so. To say an Isles victory "will never happen" means the line should be, what, -1000000. Anything can happen. Thats why they play the game. Hockey, of all sports has shown a pattern of HUGE upsets in the playoffs. Who thought Edmonton and Carolina would make the finals last year?
Now that DiPietro is out for at least game 1 and maybe more I don't like my play nearly as much. This is probably one of those -400 series now so most of the value is gone.
Old 04-11-2007, 01:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

As for the Isles, this was purely a value play which assumed DiPietro would be ready to go. In that case I thought the fair line should be Buffalo -300 (The absolute highest any team should be in the playoffs is -400 imho) so whenever I can get a team at +461 I'll find a reason to do so. To say an Isles victory "will never happen" means the line should be, what, -1000000. Anything can happen. Thats why they play the game. Hockey, of all sports has shown a pattern of HUGE upsets in the playoffs. Who thought Edmonton and Carolina would make the finals last year?

[/ QUOTE ]

I LOVE YOU

[ QUOTE ]

Now that DiPietro is out for at least game 1 and maybe more I don't like my play nearly as much. This is probably one of those -400 series now so most of the value is gone.

[/ QUOTE ]

I HATE YOU