Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-11-2007, 09:47 AM

Default Re: 200 NL: Fold set to river c/r?

Your play is consistent with AK. Villain is repping a hand that beats a pair of Kings. I give him credit for that. Now the question is what range of these hands does villain have:
AA,flush,66,88,TT,KK ; out of all this all we beat is AA. I fold.

Unless you feel villain feels he can get you to fold a AK on this river, and is capable of bluffing, i don't think you should call.
Old 04-11-2007, 09:50 AM

Assuming he views you as TAG also I find it hard to believe he'd not lead the river with a flush for fear you'd check behind....I think I call
Old 04-11-2007, 09:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Your play is consistent with AK. Villain is repping a hand that beats a pair of Kings. I give him credit for that. Now the question is what range of these hands does villain have:

Unless you feel villain feels he can get you to fold a AK on this river, and is capable of bluffing, i don't think you should call.

[/ QUOTE ]

WHo checks EVERY street with any of those hands. I mean sure, when we call he might have the nut flush, he might have a bigger set - the point is whatever he has makes no fking sense and he played it so retarded that he gets paid off by my set. I would expect to win here a ton more than lose though.
Old 04-11-2007, 10:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

WHo checks EVERY street with any of those hands. I mean sure, when we call he might have the nut flush, he might have a bigger set - the point is whatever he has makes no fking sense and he played it so retarded that he gets paid off by my set. I would expect to win here a ton more than lose though.

[/ QUOTE ]

AA looks for a check raise on the flop, doesn't get the chance. The turn heart scares him. The river c/r seems fishy so I discount it but he may be getting brave thinking you have a K.

66,88,TT,KK
Similar to AA as they look for a flop check/raise. We don't accompodate with our flop check and the turn heart slows them down.

Flush - villains play is consistent with a flush.

I'd call in the heat of the moment to but I really think this is a fold.
Old 04-11-2007, 10:20 AM

Holdem,

Do you play 200nl? Do you win?

I only ask because your posts seems fairly bad. You say he 'slowed down' becuase of the turned heart, but then he still checkraises river? He doesn't blocking bet? I mean if hes scared enough of flush to slow down on turn (which is retarded since flop went check check so he has no reason to be scared) then why the hell would he suddenly checkraise?

His play isn't consistent with a flush, since most people will lead turn/river with it based on this action.
Old 04-11-2007, 10:21 AM

i folded a set of 8s yesterday!...i think my first set fold....but i KNOW i was right(2other players had SD).....tptk, and nut str8 on turn(i folded turn)

all in all....DONT FOLD SETS!.....
Old 04-11-2007, 10:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Holdem,

Do you play 200nl? Do you win?

I only ask because your posts seems fairly bad. You say he 'slowed down' becuase of the turned heart, but then he still checkraises river? He doesn't blocking bet? I mean if hes scared enough of flush to slow down on turn (which is retarded since flop went check check so he has no reason to be scared) then why the hell would he suddenly checkraise?

His play isn't consistent with a flush, since most people will lead turn/river with it based on this action.

[/ QUOTE ]

Breaking even at 100NL. Yeah I now see your point about how his play is inconsistent with a scared overpair or set. I believe use of the term "leveled" is in order.