Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-11-2007, 09:39 AM

Default $1/$2 NL Live - 2 Pair from BB meets unexpected aggression

Villain is a guy in his mid-50's who is sitting directly to the left of his son. At the time of this hand I've only been sitting at the table about 45 minutes. I don't recall having seen villain raise preflop yet. Post flop I'd say he had been an eagle.

The only hand that he would have seen me play of note would have been when I raised preflop with KQ. Checked my Q's on an A high board in a multiway pot. Then I stacked somebody on the turn with trip Q's after that guy lead , I raised, he reraised AI and I called.

The Tropicana, Atlantic City: $1/$2 Blinds, $300 Max Buy-in

Villain (UTG+1): $145
Hero (BB): $415

Preflop: Hero is dealt 10 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (9 Players)
There are 5 limpers

Flop: ($12) A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (6 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $10</font>, Villain (UTG +1) raises to $20, everyone else folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $60</font>, Villain raises to $145 AI, <font color="red">Hero ??? </font>
Old 04-12-2007, 12:31 PM

Default Re: $1/$2 NL Live - 2 Pair from BB meets unexpected aggression

Maybe I'm just a big dope and how to play this hand correctly is obvious. That's entirely possible. Perhaps that's why nobody replied. I'd appreciate some response. Even if it is just to confirm that I am indeed a dope.
Old 04-12-2007, 12:34 PM

You cant 3bet the flop if you dont want to play for stacks. Even if he just calls, are you planning to check it down?
Old 04-12-2007, 12:36 PM

I would call without hesitation, simply because of stack sizes and the fact that you're closing the action. The board is Ace-high and very coordinated, giving him many possibile hands which you are nicely ahead of. If you are behind, you have a 4-out redraw.
Old 04-12-2007, 12:38 PM

Dont fold this in 1/2 live. He could easily have any A.
Old 04-12-2007, 12:49 PM

I'm just curious. It looks like you should have pushed him when he raised. Re-raising forty more looks like a sucker bet. You probably insulted him into re-raising all in. You should obviously call. I'd be shocked if he had pocket aces. I'd be surprised he didn't raise pre-flop with AT or A9, with that kind of a weak raise post-flop. I would read him for an Ax. You've already committed sixty, and eighty-five more just seems obvious. If he had you covered four 350 more, then maybe fold, and then find a seat somewhere else.