Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2007, 09:59 PM

Default Re: List of eWallets for Canadians

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Also, don't forget those limits are only from money leaving your MB account...IE cashouts from a site to MB won't go against your limit.

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to transfer from site to site using Neteller. Moneybookers is useless for this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I can see that being a problem for you...I understand sports betting requires a lot of $$ to be bounced from site to site. Being a poker bonus whore, those limits will probably be fine for me.

What about C2P? No Site-C2P-Site limits, AFAIK. Obviously won't help ATM for the site that won't let you change funding options easily, but maybe that will work for other sites? If not, I don't know what to suggest. I think EPP's limits are even more restrictive.

Edit to add: Looking again, perhaps EPP is OK for limits for Site-EPP-Site. Lots of fees and very limited for withdrawing, though.
Old 04-10-2007, 10:01 PM

Nothing new to add, just bringing this back to the bottom. I think the usefulness of this thread might be starting to wind down, as most of us have got new eWallets underway by now.

Moneybookers - AP, b2b, Boss (some), Cake, Dobrosoft (Wingows), Everest, iPoker, Ladbrokes, Mansion, Microgaming, OnGame (NOT Hollywood), Party, Poker4Ever, UB, WSEX
Click2Pay - AP, Boss (some), Betfair, Crypto (Sun & IP only), Everest, FT, iPoker, Microgaming (some), OnGame (NOT Europoker), Poker.com, TruePoker, UB
ePassporte - AP, Bugsy's Club, Cake, Dobrosoft (Wingows), GamesGrid, FT, Poker4Ever, Stars, UB
EcoCard - Dobrosoft (FCP, Wingows), iPoker, Mansion, Microgaming (some), OnGame (Eurobet), Poker4Ever
ATMOnline - Dobrosoft (Poker World), UB
ewalletxpress - Bugsy's Club, Dobrosoft (FCP)
No eWallet - Crypto (Betsafe, Poker Plex, Totalbet, UK Betting, Will Hill), Pacific, Paradise, Poker Champs

Networks checked so far: AP, b2b, Betfair, Boss, Bugsy's Club, Cake, Crypto, Dobrosoft, Everest, FT, GamesGrid, iPoker, Ladbrokes, Mansion, Microgaming, OnGame, Pacific, Paradise, Party, Poker.com, Poker Champs, Poker4Ever, Stars, TruePoker, UB, WSEX.

<u>Moneybookers</u>

Currency Available: US $, Can $, others
Funding Options: Bank Transfer (Free), CC (1.9% fee)
Withdrawal Options: Cheque ($4.67 fee), International Bank Transfer ($2.40 fee) - your bank must have its OWN SWIFT code. If your Bank/Credit Union uses a "correspondent bank", this will NOT work.
Depositing on Sites: No fees
Cashouts from Sites: No fees
Transaction Limits: 1,000 Euro for Outgoing Transactions, no limit for Incoming. Can be increased to as high as 14,000 Euro with verification steps.

<u>Click2Pay</u>

Currency Available: Can $ only
Funding Options: Bank Wire (NOT transfer), CC (3% fee) - you don't actually fund the account with your CC prior to making a deposit at a poker site. If you have no funds in your account when you make a deposit at a poker site, they then take it from your CC.
Withdrawal Options: Cheque ($2 fee), C2P Card ($10 fee to get card, $5 monthly dormant fee after 6 months, no other C2P fees)
Depositing on Sites: No fees, no charge on currency exchange
Cashouts from Sites: No fees, no charge on currency exchange
Transaction Limits: NO limits on C2P-site-C2P transfers. $500/wk limit on loading from CC, will be increased after you spend a certain amount of money over a certain period of time...not specified how much or how long. Next level is $1,000 per week. There are a total of 4 levels after your initial one.

<u>ePassporte</u>

Currency Available: US $ only
Funding Options: CC only ($5 fee per $100 loaded)
Withdrawal Options: Wire Transfer ($50 fee), ATM ($2 fee, requires a $35 purchase of a Visa Card, $35 annual fee)
Depositing on Sites:
Cashouts from Sites:
Transaction Limits: $500 max daily total loads ($1000 for select); 5 max daily loads; 10 max daily transactions; $300 max daily total withdrawals ($600 for select); 5 max daily ATM transactions; 10 max Visa transactions. Select status requirements on web site, $5 fee

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 04-10-2007, 10:28 PM

Just to confirm, ePassporte does not allow EFTs in Canada but they do in the US right? That $35 card and $35 yearly fee is a pain.
Old 04-10-2007, 10:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

What about C2P? No Site-C2P-Site limits, AFAIK. Obviously won't help ATM for the site that won't let you change funding options easily, but maybe that will work for other sites? If not, I don't know what to suggest. I think EPP's limits are even more restrictive.

Edit to add: Looking again, perhaps EPP is OK for limits for Site-EPP-Site. Lots of fees and very limited for withdrawing, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately only one site I use supports C2P. The others no. No site I use supports EPP.

Only thing I can do really is to wait for a similar service to Neteller to appear some time in the future.

Good luck to all.

Cheers...
Old 04-10-2007, 10:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just to confirm, ePassporte does not allow EFTs in Canada but they do in the US right? That $35 card and $35 yearly fee is a pain.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's my understanding, that they do EFTs in the US for a $2 fee. However, I have no idea how the UIGEA has affected that. You might want to check out the "Official ePassporte thread" for more info on that...I haven't followed the American happenings on EPP that carefully.
Old 04-11-2007, 07:51 AM

Have my moneybookers account almost set up

but some site i want to play dont accept moneybookers
only click2pay and we need a CC for click2pay [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

I dont have a credit card for now
and i am not familiar with credit card stuff

so i was wondering about Pre-paid credit card in Canada

What is the best way to have one
without credit check?

I can pay cash to load it up no problem

Or, if it is posible, to buy one online?
One of my friends can buy my one
with her credit card.
I have see some site allow that
to buy a card for a friend as a gift
but is possible in canada or it is just Usa?

So what is to best easy way for me to get a pre-paid Ccard
if you were in my shoes?

Also Pre-paid cards are they also like a Atm card?
can we also withdraw money at Atm from it?
(what is in the balance of course)
Can we use it to withdraw profits from a poker site and cash it out at a Atm ?

thanks for your answers

Me too i dont get it why no online business is near
as good as neteller
and why poker sites make more effort to make our life easier in this capitalist concurrencial world
Old 04-11-2007, 10:05 AM

Was wondering what kind of success people have had doing a $10 US deposit to MB's, deposit that to Party, EFT deposit more money to Party, some cover play, then withdrawing to Moneybookers? One person seemed to have success; another got their account closed. Anyone else have experience?

--------------

Much smaller rant this time I promise: Imagine an e-wallet came along that was exactly like Neteller, except it took a month to setup (just waiting for verification steps) and required two in-person trips to the bank. However all those steps were free, it had free EFTs, and after setting it up it was exactly like Neteller, only with no currency exchange fees. Oh and every site adopted it for deposits. Okay, we'd all (probably) do that and be thrilled to have a new option. However would that really help us that much? We'd all just be playing ourselves because no novice player is going to bother doing all that. In a way my lack of interest in MB's, C2P and epass are because of various fees, difficulty setting up and funding, or sites supported -- in another, perhaps more important way, I'm mainly concerned that none of them are easy enough for someone who saw a PartyPoker logo on a TV show. I guess losing casual Canadian players won't kill the industry -- it still seems relatively easy to deposit in Europe. I'm just very concerned at how slow to react these sites seem to be -- I realize setting new methods up takes time but at the very least on a PR level they are failing miserably.

No offense guys but I don't want to play people who are willing to read a 40-page thread on 2+2 in order to deposit -- I want to play people who can't add 2+2. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] We've already lost the US casual players to a law change -- we've now essentially lost all the Canadian players whom we'd really want to play against as well. Maybe ultimately it's not that big of a deal, but with the US casuals gone as well I wish the sites would do a little more to help out my EV. I'm not that good ... I need all the help I can get. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 04-11-2007, 12:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Was wondering what kind of success people have had doing a $10 US deposit to MB's, deposit that to Party, EFT deposit more money to Party, some cover play, then withdrawing to Moneybookers? One person seemed to have success; another got their account closed. Anyone else have experience?

--------------

Much smaller rant this time I promise: Imagine an e-wallet came along that was exactly like Neteller, except it took a month to setup (just waiting for verification steps) and required two in-person trips to the bank. However all those steps were free, it had free EFTs, and after setting it up it was exactly like Neteller, only with no currency exchange fees. Oh and every site adopted it for deposits. Okay, we'd all (probably) do that and be thrilled to have a new option. However would that really help us that much? We'd all just be playing ourselves because no novice player is going to bother doing all that. In a way my lack of interest in MB's, C2P and epass are because of various fees, difficulty setting up and funding, or sites supported -- in another, perhaps more important way, I'm mainly concerned that none of them are easy enough for someone who saw a PartyPoker logo on a TV show. I guess losing casual Canadian players won't kill the industry -- it still seems relatively easy to deposit in Europe. I'm just very concerned at how slow to react these sites seem to be -- I realize setting new methods up takes time but at the very least on a PR level they are failing miserably.

No offense guys but I don't want to play people who are willing to read a 40-page thread on 2+2 in order to deposit -- I want to play people who can't add 2+2. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] We've already lost the US casual players to a law change -- we've now essentially lost all the Canadian players whom we'd really want to play against as well. Maybe ultimately it's not that big of a deal, but with the US casuals gone as well I wish the sites would do a little more to help out my EV. I'm not that good ... I need all the help I can get. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've done something similar with UB...I already had money there (deposited previously with NT), deposited $10 through MB, played for some bonus, then withdrew to MB. Party has always been pretty easy-going with their cashouts, I don't imagine you'd have a problem. If you don't have an active bonus, and haven't had one recently, email them and see if you can get one...I've usually had success with that in the past. Then you can make your EFT deposit for the bonus and clear that before cashing out to MB.

As for your other points, while these eWallets aren't quite as easy as NT, they're really not that difficult for us low-limit players. It's only the guys that need to move large amounts that this isn't going to work for. As for the casual player, don't forget, they're usually playing on one site. They don't really need an eWallet, just a way to deposit. There's still plenty of those.
Old 04-11-2007, 01:43 PM

Bobo your list isn't quite right, some sites on the iPoker network do not accept any ewallets at the moment. I have alot of money tied up at Carlos and NoIQ poker, since I deposited with Neteller my options are very limited. Credit cards or bank wires.
Old 04-11-2007, 02:36 PM

What happens during Moneybookers credit card verification when they ask you to enter the $1 Euro to $2.99 Euro withdraw from your credit card? What if the amount that shows up on your credit card is only in Canadian dollars? What if you enter the amount wrong because of the exchange rate?
Closed Thread