Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-11-2007, 03:45 AM

Default HU sng\'s at ultimate bet

I recently opened an account at UB because I heard about the replay option. I've played the 30 and 50 turbo and found from the first 15 games or so that the matches are much tougher than Stars and Full Tilt. The replay option is brilliant in that you can play a tilting opponent again and again, but so far I seem to be the only one tilting [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Can anyone who has played all 3 sites extensively, possibly share their experiences on the level of competition?
Old 04-11-2007, 06:28 AM

Default Re: HU sng\'s at ultimate bet

I have played UB and FT. Currently I am at FT.

What you say is correct. The games are better at FT. The replay feature at UB sounds great, but the people you want to accept a re-match rarely do, and I think this feature is much over rated.

Software is better at UB of course, much faster than FT.

Traffic much much better at FT at all limits I have found.

Cheers,
PTS
Old 04-11-2007, 09:31 AM

I play the 30s and 50s at UB. At these levels and at the times i play, the traffic is unfortunately very low, sometimes you have to wait 30 minutes for 50$-game. I cant say much about the competition, havent played many games at stars and FT, but the opponents at the 30s are rather bad in my oppinion. Im quite new to heads-up but i have a winrate of about 65% (small sample, 200 games).

The reason why i still play at UB is the software. It's by far my favourite. The blinds start at 10/20 (1500 stacks), and they go up every 10 minutes. Because of the ultra-fast software you can play a LOT more hands than at FT, i play about 40 hands every level.

btw: how's the traffic at stars, 55$, non-increasing blinds?
Old 04-11-2007, 01:12 PM

no blind increase traffic is very low relative to regs and turbos.
Old 04-11-2007, 03:08 PM

Yea, there's like 10x the amount of games running at turbo level as no blind increase level.
Old 04-12-2007, 12:09 AM

Have played at all 3 at the $10 games.

All 3 have bad players in general, but I found those at UB and Pokerstars to be slightly more aggressive than those on Full Tilt. Encounter more passive players at Full Tilt than the other sites. I love the replay feature at UB, and is very profitable of isolating a horrible player, even if it's only for 1 or 2 more matches. Software and blinds are great, best HU structure online. Don't like Pokerstars as in 20 minutes you are at 25/50 blinds and the software is slow compared to the others. Full Tilt is 24 minutes till 25/50, UB is 30 minutes till 30/60 starts.