Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-21-2006, 02:23 PM

Default Re: Do I call this river?

[ QUOTE ]
Well, let's put it this way. I didn't coun't the overcards because of the straight possibility. You're right,

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that's fine. You could consider the ace as an over, although you'd have to discount it to maybe 1-1.5 outs.

[ QUOTE ]
turn was 4.75BB but, the Hero would've had to call the raise, in other words, 2BB to win 6.75BB. That's only 3.38 to 1. Obviously, the raiser was protecting his hand. If

[/ QUOTE ]

Incorrect. Hero bet and and was raised. There's 6.75BB in the pot now. To continue, Hero only needs to call 1BB. The bet he already put in should not be considered as money he has to put in because it's already in the pot.

Don't fold to the turn raise.

EDIT: Should have read the other responses before entering my own response.
Old 02-21-2006, 02:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this is bad... sorry
I am not condemming you for bluffing at the pot on the flop and the turn but please when raised on the turn fold this off... he has an 8, believe him unless you have reason to doubt him... also how can you call the river with ace high when you got raised on the turn?...
My friend you need to let go of a hand....

[/ QUOTE ]
Folding to the turn raise would be a huge mistake. Let's assume villain has an 8. Hero still has 3 eights and 9 clubs for 12 outs. Folding a 12 out draw getting 7.75 to 1 is a big mistake. I agree with the river fold.

I don't mind the flop continuation bet. Sometimes hero has the best hand, sometimes everyone will fold. Sometimes winning small pots is worth the risk of sometimes losing a bet or two. I guess it depends a lot on your oppoenents, too.

After some thought, I'm liking check/call on the turn. Hero just picked up 9 additional outs, and must see the river card. The board is draw heavy so hero's fold equity is down. I'm thinking check/call the turn and check/fold the river UI.
Old 02-21-2006, 02:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this is bad... sorry
I am not condemming you for bluffing at the pot on the flop and the turn but please when raised on the turn fold this off... he has an 8, believe him unless you have reason to doubt him... also how can you call the river with ace high when you got raised on the turn?...

[/ QUOTE ]

Ziggy says the sarcasm probability of this reply is 15% but can't be certain.
Old 02-21-2006, 03:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this is bad... sorry

[/ QUOTE ]

*reminds self to raise this guy*

So what if he has an 8? that gives me 11 outs on the river to either the nut flush or a jack high straight. I wasn't unhappy with calling the turn raise; i really considered reraising.
Old 02-21-2006, 03:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ziggy says the sarcasm probability of this reply is 15% but can't be certain.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ziggy's been overdoing the silicon cleaner, Sam. The sarcasm probability of this is negative.

Edited to say nice "Quantum Leap" reference, tho.
Old 02-21-2006, 04:30 PM

11 outs is not enough to justify a reraise against one opponent. You need a much better pot equity edge.

Call the turn and fold river UI.