Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-2007, 11:56 AM

Default Flopped top full from sb, how to get most money?

So I'm pretty new to PLO, but this hand interested me a lot. I'm not sure if I'm happy with my play on any street but I would like comments. So here's the situation, local game 1-2 plo 300 buyin, I've just rebought and have 300 in front of me, both villains in the hand have me covered, game is six handed, everyone limps to me, I have A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] so I toss in a buck from the sb BB checks. Flop comes a beautiful T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

Action on me? I feel like leading out is normally a good idea to build the pot, but I know the bb is a very aggressive player, he will lead in these situations like 75% of the time, and I figure if anyone else at the table has a 7 they will raise him and build the pot for me, so I check. BB as expected bets 10, utg calls everyone else folds, I call with the plan of letting BB fire one more time on the turn before springing to life, let him build the pot for me...

So turn is a K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and I check once more, this time the bb checks and UTG bets 30. Now UTG is a solid, but aggressive player, he could easily have a 7, maybe a draw that is trying to buy the pot, or a hand like AAxx flushdraw, or a Full house/Quads, so I call hoping to get the bb to call one more on a straightdraw (yes he would easily call there with 89xx) That way if all the draws miss on the river I can bet out close to a pot size bet make it look like I'm trying to steal it and hopefully get looked up by a worse hand, and if they hit, same thing, only hopefully get raised. So BB calls. River is a brick 3 I spring to life and bet out 100, BB thinks and folds UTG thinks and puts me allin??

Do I call for 157 more into a pot of roughly $500??

Thanks for your comments results to be posted later...
Old 04-06-2007, 12:00 PM

Default Re: Flopped top full from sb, how to get most money?

yeah i hate that they always have kings full. On a good day the turn is an 8 and they have eights full.
Old 04-06-2007, 12:27 PM

Of course you call recognizing there are two hands that he could have that beat you and if he does you cuss and move on to the next hand.

What you hope is that he has 7 K
Old 04-06-2007, 12:44 PM

This is why you lead the flop.
Old 04-06-2007, 12:46 PM

Your hand is hugely under-represented. You should not fold.
Old 04-06-2007, 05:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is why you lead the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree completely with leading the flop, you will get raised by A7 on the flop, then you can reraise and get it all in. If you wait for the turn then A7 will slow down and you will find it hard to get the action.
Everyone expects you to slow play TT on that flop, people expect TT to check raise, so bet it out instead, you will find yourself getting raised by people who want to know where they are.
Old 04-09-2007, 04:54 PM

yeah its definatly correct to lead into this flop - i will usually bet about 1/2-3/4 of the pot to make it look like a probe bet with a raggy 7xxx hand. with this flop either someone has a 7 and you will get paid or you wont
Old 04-10-2007, 04:44 PM

Yes, leading out on flop is best here. No need to let the aggro BB do his thing -- if he's got a 7, he'll do it anyway. Bet enough to make overpairs go away, and hopefully that 7 will come along with only one card (maybe) left in deck to save him.

As far as the river goes . . . from all you've said it sounds like an equal chance UTG has KK or K7. (Can't really see him betting any draw on that turn vs. two opp. w/pair on board.) Over 3-to-1 to call . . . so if it really is 50-50 you call and hope.