Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-10-2007, 02:05 PM

Default Re: mid set vs a fish 50NL

Bet the turn larger, if he will call $7, he'll call $11, and 70VPIP will call with any piece and any draw. More over, if he's drawing, a larger turn bet may encourage a shove from this type of player. Same for the flop, but just can justify that smaller bet more by seeing if he has a piece of that board.

As played, river fold is fine, no one knows you have a set. I would call, back door flush is in his range for sure, but he will get jiggy with a lot more than that.
Old 04-10-2007, 02:08 PM

I call bc hes gonna play AK-AT like the nuts also JT.
Old 04-10-2007, 02:46 PM

If you had bet the flop and turn properly you would practically be all in by now.
Old 04-10-2007, 03:13 PM

river lead (not blocker) when flush draw completes = a flush like 99% of the time, even with 3 broadways on board making two pair possible

that's been my experience, yours might differ
Old 04-10-2007, 03:16 PM

am i crazy to think that folding here is terrible? fwiw a backdoor flush is not in villain's range imo, is he calling down with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ?? the ONLY hand i see losing two is KQ, and while that is a possibility its so much more likely he has aces up or worth that im calling here all day
Old 04-10-2007, 03:16 PM

also i agree that betting the flop and turn properly would make this a much easier decision
Old 04-10-2007, 03:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you had bet the flop and turn properly you would practically be all in by now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree! Also, this smells like he back-doored a flush.
Old 04-10-2007, 03:24 PM

could some of you who put a backdoor flush in villains range explain to me how this is? Hero has J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in his hand, and with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] on board he cant really have a pair here if he has two clubs. also, with 10[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] on turn, that rules out K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 10[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 10[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], thus leaving the only hand again to be K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] as the only hand i can see having a backdoor [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] draw, but KQ beats you anyway. someone explain?
Old 04-10-2007, 03:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
could some of you who put a backdoor flush in villains range explain to me how this is? Hero has J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in his hand, and with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] on board he cant really have a pair here if he has two clubs. also, with 10[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] on turn, that rules out K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 10[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 10[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], thus leaving the only hand again to be K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] as the only hand i can see having a backdoor [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] draw, but KQ beats you anyway. someone explain?

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty much my thinking too, KQo is possible too. His range is clearly wider than AA/KQ so its an easy call.
Old 04-10-2007, 03:59 PM

yeah the flush can be discounted, but the push is worrisome on that board. i just can't see opponent's hand being less than a set of jacks here. usually when flushdraw completes (even a BFD) action is check call or some dumb blocker like $1.

he probably has 53s or KQ, a set is possible too i suppose. he's open pushing the river. at the micros. on a coordinated board. not something that happens often.