Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-10-2007, 09:39 AM

Default Re: hsp tonight 4/9

[ QUOTE ]
That was a litlte better than laying down AQ HU with Antonius.

[/ QUOTE ]
I didn't think it was that terrible. I'm fairly certain he was going to be OOP after the flop. He has a hand with tons of reverse implied odds and half a million left to play for. Even if Antonius is making a move with a suited connector, he's still a favorite to win the hand. I think Brian's best moves there are either a 4-bet (as a bluff) or a fold.
Old 04-10-2007, 09:46 AM

The thing I liked about Townsend the whole time was that he wore T-shirts and dressed like a poker player even though he was on TV. Everyone else tried to dress up and looked for the most part dumb. JDags looked so damn uncomfortable.
Old 04-10-2007, 09:50 AM

"antonio was not acting. he was worried about AA. after JDAGS comment about he played wrong antonio said: ''thats a good sign''"

I agree with this. Not once did Kaplan mention that maybe Dags had AA. I know that everytime I have KK and get raised and then reraised, I always worry about AA. And most of the time when I do push, I am up against AA.

In a previous season, Farha pushed with KK against Barry G's AA (though he did suck out)

Kaplan was getting annoying with his continuous comments about Antonio's acting. If he couldn't see the cards right in front of him, I'm sure he wouldn't have been so confidant that Antonio had Dags crushed.
Old 04-10-2007, 10:05 AM

lol at Ivey eating the icecream. For some reason I thought that really looked kinda funny.

It was a nice episode, too bad this was the last one of the season.
Old 04-10-2007, 10:17 AM

this was an insanely sick episode, if u watch the nuances in each players styles with great reads and sick sick plays u would understand its the best series yet, idk how some of u just say it was okay. You must not have been thinking in depth while watching the plays
Old 04-10-2007, 10:36 AM

Nice ep. It will be very interesting to see how they try to top this line up next season. My guess is that they will try and get more of the young gun tourney winners. I would like to see marcel luske among others in a game of this setting. BTW how long till next season starts?
Old 04-10-2007, 10:56 AM

Next season is sometime in the fall.

I too thought it was a good episode. I don't mind them spending most of 10 minutes on a hand if it's that good. But did you wonder why Benyamine was raising with J2o? I thought he was first in on the button, rewinded to look, and realized they hadn't shown any of the action before him! I hope they don't stop skipping preflop action totally like ESPN.

Gabe mispronounces D'Agostino's name too.

I didn't need to hear DN's sandwich talk either. But I would have liked to hear about Benyamine's weight loss (him and Erika has always been a mystery to me... ok not really: it's the money). Who edits this stuff? They don't have much of a sense of what's interesting to us.
And to repeat for the millionth time, I wish they'd stop covering up the table talk. E.g. the beginning of the weight loss conversation. I noticed that the sound level for the announcers is just set higher than that of the players. They need to hire the sound engineer from Celebrity Poker Showdown. On that show there were 1) two announcers, 2) a tournament director/play by play, and 3) five players, and you could always hear what everyone was saying. But on this or PAD you miss a lot of the conversations (of course the editing and announcing contribute to the problem too).
Old 04-10-2007, 11:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I liked Aba's play throughtout last night as I did with Booth's. What did you guys think about that hand where Ivey raised someone with 7h6h and then siting behind him Aba reraised to 45k with just AQo and made Negreanu fold TT on the spot without hardly thinking about it. Pretty ballsy by Aba I think..

[/ QUOTE ]

I like and respect Townsend a lot too, but I think if (a) Sammy Farha or Eli Elezra had done this or (b) he had gotten called, everyone would be screaming "What a donkey! Reraising with AQo!!!"
Old 04-10-2007, 11:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
JDags looked so damn uncomfortable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't he always wear a jacket when he played Eddie in the Munsters?
Old 04-10-2007, 12:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Gabe mispronounces D'Agostino's name too.

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you think you should pronounce it? Im quite sure he pronounce it right. its an italian name and should be pronounced DiAgostino? if he would be saying it wrong all the time why isnt AJ who speak italian correcting him?