LegoPoker HH Converter

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
SB: $11.90
BB: $10.50
<u>UTG: $22.51</u>
<font color="black">MP: $6.17</font>
<u>Hero (CO): $26.40</u>
BTN: $6.15

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($0.35, 6 Players)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $1.25</font>, MP calls $1.25, Hero calls $1.25, 3 folds

<font color="black">Flop:</font> 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($4.45, 3 Players)
<font color="red">UTG bets $1.50</font>, MP folds, Hero calls $1.50

<font color="black">Turn:</font> Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($7.45, 2 Players)
<font color="red">UTG bets $1.25</font>, Hero calls $1.25

<font color="black">River:</font> 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($9.95, 2 Players)
<font color="red">UTG bets $1.50</font>, Hero calls $1.50

Pot Size: $12.95

No reads on villain, not sat down long.

I considered raising on the flop to $6ish, but I thought that just folds unpaired overcards and gives away money to higher pairs (and I think those two together make up most of an unknown's range as an UTG raiser.)
I can't see folding to his turn or river bets given their size, but should I raise on either of those streets after just calling on the flop?
Old 04-09-2007, 08:08 PM

Default Re: 25NL - TT as a station

Raise the flop..... I dont mind folding UI OC's here.

Ugh, By "just" calling the flop, its a little late to want to raise when an OC does come on the turn.
Having NOT raised the flop, calling it down given the Bet sizes is fine
Old 04-09-2007, 08:20 PM

I prefer to 3bet this hand preflop and be the aggressor, but given that you smooth called preflop I'm still raising the flop.
Old 04-09-2007, 08:24 PM

I'll raise this flop all the time expect against a supernit. You are raising both for value and to protect your hand against possible overcards and other draws. If you're up against an overpair you'll find out soon enough.

I don't think calling down after just calling the flop is horrible, our hand has showdown value. But overall this is just way to passive and on the turn we are giving villan the correct price to play to the river with just overcards (or close to it at least, I haven't done the math). Unless villan is playing very scared, I rarely see villans making those small bets with anything that have you beat. On rare occasions you'll be facing a monster, but it's so rare it really shouldn't be taken into consideration.
Old 04-09-2007, 09:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ugh, By "just" calling the flop, its a little late to want to raise when an OC does come on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's only the fact his bet is so small, I could see AK doing this to try and get a cheap river - it certainly doesn't look like the Q improved his hand

As for possibly 3-betting preflop, I'd probably do it with 1 opponent, but UTG+1 insta-called the PF raise which rather worried me.

I agree it feels too passive the way I played it (which is why I posted it in the first place)

Results: <font color="white"> UTG showed JJ </font>
Old 04-09-2007, 10:11 PM

You could 3bet this preflop, that's really just a matter of preference. You should raise this flop though for sure. Charge draws, protect your hand and gain the ability to control the pot size by checking behind on the turn.

Since you called on the flop, I suppose you could raise the turn, but I would really much rather do it on the flop. River you've gotta call, the bet is just so small and you're never getting value out of worse hands.
Old 04-10-2007, 01:28 AM

UTG's 1/3 potsize bet looks weak. I'd reraise for sure. Board is to drawy to simply call such a small raise with a good overpair.