Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Girlfriend took iPod Nano
Beat 83 79.81%
Brag 1 0.96%
Variance 20 19.23%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-09-2007, 08:28 PM

Default Re: Does the FT shuffler screw with anyone else\'s head?

I cant see how it could make any difference in the game at all. I mean suppose you are playing a real life game of hold em. If the deck is reshuffled before dealing the river card does it make a difference to the game at all? The odds of hitting any one card remain the same. No one knows what it is, so there is zero impact to the game.

In fact now that I think about this would probably make a lot of games even fairer as it would be harder to stack the deck. Online is the same, suppose someone has hacked into the full tilt sever and it takes him 60 seconds to see every card that will be dealt. If the same hacker can only see into the next betting round it is significantly less of an advantage.

The only worrying part about it is if you could somehow intercept the packets being sent to full tilt which influence the cards and change this so it gives you a greater chance of getting the card you want. However I'm sure that they have measures in place to prevent this.
Old 04-15-2007, 08:17 PM

computers can't be random. its a fact.
Old 04-15-2007, 10:45 PM

Wow, reading comprehension for this group is rapidly approaching 0. I thought my post was pretty clear, but maybe I was simply too ambiguous. I'll give it one more try. Over a reasonable sample size, your individual actions don't mean [censored] in terms of which cards fall on later streets. Obviously. The likelihood of any given card coming is always the same. However, if I take a sample size of ONE HAND, then my actions clearly do matter. If I wait 1 second before calling one particular card will fall. If I wait 2 seconds before calling, a different card will fall, etc.

This has nothing to do with crazy ass conspiracy theories, that this or that site is rigged, that the government is reading my thoughts or sending me secret messages through my tv. The simple fact of the matter is that every single decision you make when playing on FT DOES AFFECT the cards that come on future streets. How the [censored] is this statement crazy? This can certainly be great to keep you from rabbit hunting, although I'm sure many of you still lament the "fact" that if you had called the lagtard's mini raise, you would have flopped a boat. Guess what. You wouldn't have, because calling would have changed which cards come out.

As an addendum, I've found that I simply have to put the way the shuffler works out of my mind and do my best to focus on the long term. We all (hopefully) play every hand in order to maximize EV. We don't give a [censored] about that hand we just layed down that would have won the pot, since calling preflop would have been -EV overall, despite the fact that this particular time we would have won monies.
Old 04-15-2007, 10:51 PM

rigged
Old 04-15-2007, 10:51 PM

this also makes me wish i could travle back in time, sadly i am a big enuff loser to use that ability to change what cards come out
Old 04-16-2007, 01:01 AM

I'm pretty sure that somebody posted a topic a while back with there FT stats over 100+k tracked hands and showed that it wasn't rigged because the proper number of cards came down the correct number of times... anybody have any idea where that post is?
Old 04-16-2007, 01:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty sure that somebody posted a topic a while back with there FT stats over 100+k tracked hands and showed that it wasn't rigged because the proper number of cards came down the correct number of times... anybody have any idea where that post is?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeh Id love to see that too
Old 04-16-2007, 08:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]

This has nothing to do with crazy ass conspiracy theories, that this or that site is rigged, that the government is reading my thoughts or sending me secret messages through my tv. The simple fact of the matter is that every single decision you make when playing on FT DOES AFFECT the cards that come on future streets. How the [censored] is this statement crazy? This can certainly be great to keep you from rabbit hunting, although I'm sure many of you still lament the "fact" that if you had called the lagtard's mini raise, you would have flopped a boat. Guess what. You wouldn't have, because calling would have changed which cards come out.

[/ QUOTE ]

The only thing i am truly surprised at is the number of posts in reply to the OPs post.
Old 04-16-2007, 09:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're wrong. it's a fact.
Old 04-16-2007, 12:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're wrong. it's a fact.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is impossible for a digitial computer to generate a "true" random number in software, even algorithms like Merseen Twister are "pseudo random", but still are well suited for monte carlo simulations.

However, it IS possible to have HARDWARE that allows for true random number generation, such as an analog white noise generator feeding into a A/D generating a random string of numbers.

AB