Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-05-2007, 01:02 AM

Default Re: Did the holecam change the game?

Hole cams did nothing but teach the masses the game, I don't know if that changed the game itself or not as it has always been a game of adaptation.
Old 04-06-2007, 03:07 AM

I belive we are in a golden age of poker where there is more good inforamtion available to new players, and the path to becoming a good player is well layed out by those who came before us.

Or perhaps those who came before us were the golden age, and we are in the silver age. Regardless...

The good thing is the fish will always let their ego get in the way of their improving.

It's like becoming a great lover - The first step to becoming a great lover is to admit that you don't know how to be a great lover.

Seriously, how many guys do you know that are willing to admit they suck in bed? Here's an exparament - Go up to a chick you know well and ask her if she's ever been with a guy who sucked in bed. She'll give you a list, and she won't even have to think hard.

The same psychological dynamics that allow these guys to continue to suck in bed also allow bad poker players to lose all their money and keep coming back to the tables.
Old 04-06-2007, 04:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How about making it part of the rules that if a player fails to show one of their cards to the hole-cam they have to put in a penalty amount equal to the big blind into the current or next hand's pot, and if they fail to show both cards then they have to put in an amount equal to the small and big blinds combined.

Then if players like Seidel preferred to NOT show their cards early on in a tournament when the blinds were low, they could just pay the penalty immediately, or on the next hand.

I think it would be a nice change to not know every player's cards on every hand but if they all started to do it then perhaps you'd have to increase the penalty to maybe the full pot, etc.

However,even though only one table usually has the hole-cams, it most likely would cause more problems than it's worth and be tough to enforce but I'd still like them to try it.

Perhaps each player can get a red flag to throw out and have a player's hole-card cam be reviewed by instant replay.

Tournaments would take longer to complete but it would be nice to see Matusow throw his flag into someone's face and pretend it was an accident.

[/ QUOTE ]

these are some of the worst ideas I've ever heard
Old 04-09-2007, 07:48 PM

I agree,but I still want the rules to allow Matusow to always have something ready to throw. If Tv insists on only showing Texas Hold'em then they need to do something to spice it up.

My previous post was written during a state of boredom with a game I love. I obviously watch too much poker on tv, so except for watching certain players play against each other, I'm soon ready to just play poker rather than watch it.

Speed poker was awful, as were so many other attempts to spice up the game. Too much of anything is no good, but poker has more to offer than just Texas Hold'em.

Time to fold.
Old 04-09-2007, 07:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I belive we are in a golden age of poker where there is more good inforamtion available to new players, and the path to becoming a good player is well layed out by those who came before us.

Or perhaps those who came before us were the golden age, and we are in the silver age. Regardless...

The good thing is the fish will always let their ego get in the way of their improving.

It's like becoming a great lover - The first step to becoming a great lover is to admit that you don't know how to be a great lover.

Seriously, how many guys do you know that are willing to admit they suck in bed? Here's an exparament - Go up to a chick you know well and ask her if she's ever been with a guy who sucked in bed. She'll give you a list, and she won't even have to think hard.

The same psychological dynamics that allow these guys to continue to suck in bed also allow bad poker players to lose all their money and keep coming back to the tables.

[/ QUOTE ]Were you high when you wrote this? Because I was high when I read it and it blew me away.
Old 04-09-2007, 08:03 PM

For players that play a really wide range opf hands(DN, Gus et al) it won't make any difference at all about the hole cams.