Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-2007, 09:20 PM

Default Re: ***Official Stars Regs Thread***

[ QUOTE ]

I want to say I'm very agressive open raising on the button but looking at my stats I have a raise first in on button of 16% which sounds low - how low is it?

I'm losing 0.18BB/hand in the BB. How bad is that? (0.1 from SB)

Not sure if there's any stat for 3 betting button vs co -but I try and must try harder.

I've had huge trouble 3betting from SB, I seem to get into horrible situations and struggling to see the merit in it.

Edit: here's one
dbeckham open in co, BB is solid, SB is loose wierd. I fold JTo on button. Correct/weak? and what's the minimum hands I should 3bet?

Ta

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm also a 16% opener from the button, and am interested in what people think of this.

No way would I ever three bet the JTo from the button against DBeckham in that hand...
Old 04-06-2007, 09:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Gem from dbeckham. He's the SB. Button was super passive so I made the fold anticipating dbeckham to have some idea of poker.

PokerStars 5/10 Hold'em (5 handed) internettexasholdem.com

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. MP posts a blind of $5.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, BB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero folds, Button calls.

River: (11.50 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Button calls.

Final Pot: 13.50 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Button has Jc Ad (two pair, aces and fives).
SB has Qc 8c (one pair, fives).
Outcome: Button wins 13.50 BB. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

uh, did you really fold 2 pair there or did you cleverly edit it out?

[/ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] Yeah I folded. Didn't seem like a tough fold at the time. Top and bottom there isn't good after he coolcalls preflop, coldcalls the flop, and check raises a very passive button after a TAG raises UTG and bet/calls the flop. I really had no idea the guy would do something this ridiculous.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
cardlogs will make money but he is never someone i worry about as his tight by the book style makes him relatively straight forward to play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, I haven't had trouble with this dude. I've played 563 hands and have beat him for 5 BB+ in one of them, and 3-5 BB in four of them. Maybe it takes a nit to own a nit... Orrr, maybe I just haven't played him enough, and should avoid his ass.

PokerStars 5/10 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP folds, CO folds, SB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (7 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls.

River: (11 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 13 BB

[/ QUOTE ]
Ouch, your flop donk is atrocious IMO.
Old 04-06-2007, 10:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Ouch, your flop donk is atrocious IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yea, definitely not good...
Old 04-06-2007, 10:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
cardlogs will make money but he is never someone i worry about as his tight by the book style makes him relatively straight forward to play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, I haven't had trouble with this dude. I've played 563 hands and have beat him for 5 BB+ in one of them, and 3-5 BB in four of them. Maybe it takes a nit to own a nit... Orrr, maybe I just haven't played him enough, and should avoid his ass.

PokerStars 5/10 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP folds, CO folds, SB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (7 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls.

River: (11 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 13 BB

[/ QUOTE ]

you have a tight player raising UTG an ace on the flop and you donk [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] did you not guess what was going to happen?
Old 04-06-2007, 10:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

you have a tight player raising UTG an ace on the flop and you donk [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] did you not guess what was going to happen?

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh boy, I see that I opened up a hornet's nest. Nah, I know it sucks. At the time I thought (clearly wasn't thinking hard enough) that a bet would disguise the fact that I was holding a 7 (because most players slowplay trips to death). I guess that it did, since I was able to check-raise UTG on the turn, but I may have been able to trap a bunch of people on the flop with a check/raise. All of this is very obvious, but clearly my surprise at having hit trips clouded my vision at the time.
Old 04-06-2007, 10:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh boy, I see that I opened up a hornet's nest. Nah, I know it sucks. At the time I thought (clearly wasn't thinking hard enough) that a bet would disguise the fact that I was holding a 7 (because most players slowplay trips to death). I guess that it did, since I was able to check-raise UTG on the turn, but I may have been able to trap a bunch of people on the flop with a check/raise. All of this is very obvious, but clearly my surprise at having hit trips clouded my vision at the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry didn't mean to pile on
Old 04-06-2007, 10:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

John Feeney in his book has a hand where he plays trips in a similarly unusual isolating fashion to disguise his hand vs. a good player except he checkraises the pfr on his right rather than donking into the pfr on his left...just fwiw...
C/R is still probably almost always better though @5/10....
Old 04-07-2007, 12:26 AM

I think the donk is not that awful if you are going to bet/3bet the turn.
Old 04-07-2007, 02:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I lost 200 BB today holla.

[/ QUOTE ]

This brightened up my week let me know I'm not the only one who swings rediculously. I moved up to 10-20 this week played 5k hands, 9k hands, 6 k hands and today 3k each day early on i was down over 100 bets and stuck for most the nite. Im down about 350-400 BB for the week only about 40 % of my roll and ready to kill somebody. But i got me 160k pokerstars points and gonna conceirge that (censored).
Old 04-09-2007, 04:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]

This brightened up my week let me know I'm not the only one who swings rediculously.

[/ QUOTE ]
Same here. You're not alone. 4500 hands and 350 BB lighter, I'm also quite ready to throw in the towel. All I can think of all the time is the word "ridiculous".