Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-2007, 02:36 PM

Default $0.50/$1.00 A8s on button with LRR

Second orbit at the table. UTG hadn't done anything unusual to this point. The blinds seemed tight. They had folded to late position raises earlier. Preflop I raised to isolate the weak limper and try to knock out the blinds.

On the flop I raised because KK or some random junk was more
likely than AA and I wanted to knock out the blinds if they caught some small piece of the flop or had draws.

On the turn I'm not sure about. I thought he might be planning a screw play. His line was so erratic I'm showing down top pair but I didn't want to spend 3BB to get to showdown. Maybe I should have bet the turn in case he had a spade to charge for a flush draw he may have picked up. Then again checking the turn gives him a chance to bluff the river.

On the river I don't mind spending 1 BB with a good made hand against his possible bluff, especially when the turn was checked through.

Comments on all streets welcome.

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (10 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls.

Turn: (8 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks.

River: (8 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10 BB
Old 04-06-2007, 02:41 PM

Default Re: $0.50/$1.00 A8s on button with LRR

Bet the turn.
Old 04-06-2007, 03:48 PM

I bet the turn. If you are assuming he has KK or some other junk, in order for that junk to be ahead, it has to have made two pair or be suited in spades or be 53 which isn't too likely. If he has a pocket pair and called the flop, there is a reasonable chance he'll call the turn as well, so you can get more value there. Also, since you said he hasn't done anything unusual yet, I wouldn't expect him to run a screwplay until you've seen him actually run a screwplay.
Old 04-06-2007, 03:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bet the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]