Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-05-2007, 10:09 PM

Default Tuesday night poker in AC

Me and my buddy are hitting AC Tuesday night. Can someone recommend the places to find the usual decent action?

Last time we were in AC it was on a Sunday night over a holiday weekend. We went to Ceasars first, and then to the Borgata.
Old 04-05-2007, 10:14 PM

Default Re: Tuesday night poker in AC

Oh and duh... forgot to mention we are looking for 1/2NL. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 04-05-2007, 10:29 PM

Are you staying somewhere overnight? Or are you just coming in to play, get something to eat and bolt the same day or what? You'll have no problem finding 1/2 NL. Borgata is generally considered the nicest, with Caesars not far behind, but you've been both places. If you liked them I'd just go back.

Trop is a little smaller, but the dealers there have generally been decent. Hilton's not too bad, and they just put in a bad beat jackpot if that's your thing. Harrah's is ok. Showboat HOB is smaller but the dealers need some work (strictly my experiences there FWIW). I seem to get seated with a higher number of wannabe douchebags at Taj. I hope Bally's sinks into the sea for reasons I won't go into here.

But I'd say go back to Borgata, really, unless there's other stuff you want to be in the city for. It's a nice place, plenty of eye candy, etc.
Old 04-05-2007, 10:47 PM

We are not booking a hotel. We plan on showing up there at around 8pm (taking the bus from NYC after work)... and will play all night until we get too tired. Last time we stopped playing at around 7:30am and caught an 8am bus back to the city. We are both off on Wednesday.
Old 04-05-2007, 11:23 PM

If you were interested in decent places to eat or shop I could help more, but it doesn't sound like you guys want to waste much time this trip, just play some 1/2 NL. Just go to the Borgata, grab something to eat there and some coffee and you're gtg. No point in going anyplace else in your case. GL
Old 04-06-2007, 03:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Me and my buddy are hitting AC Tuesday night. Can someone recommend the places to find the usual decent action?

Last time we were in AC it was on a Sunday night over a holiday weekend. We went to Ceasars first, and then to the Borgata.

[/ QUOTE ]

good info on ac poker here:

http://www.acpokerguide.com/dailytournaments.htm
Old 04-06-2007, 04:31 PM

That's for tourneys
Old 04-09-2007, 08:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That's for tourneys

[/ QUOTE ]

The link provided goes directly to tourneys. Note the multiple tabs at the top of the page that offer additional information.

http://www.acpokerguide.com/pokerroominfo.htm
Old 04-09-2007, 08:26 PM

Even so, OP was looking for a 1/2NL game in AC, and not much else. Borgata is the obvious choice IMO, unless there was something he left out. It's pretty easy to find 1/2 here, anywhere

Since this thread is alive again, a trip report from OP would be nice on Wednesday...

Also, we will not really miss the Sands like that website claims.
Old 04-10-2007, 10:55 AM

I'll try to do a trip report. But if I do it... might be a little boring. I am not very good at remembering hand histories. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Still trying to decide where to do. I wouldn't mind doing Borgata again... but my buddy wasn't too thrilled with the Borgata. Maybe we will do what we did last time... do Ceasars first (or maybe we will try the Taj first)... and then head over to the Borgata late night after midnight.