Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-05-2007, 07:00 PM

Default Re: Live 3/6 JsJc

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Also, the fact that the woman raised before she even got her chips made me think that she had a strong hand. After flop I was just planning on calling down.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did she have to post. If you post, and it is folded to you, it is right to raise with any two cards? Whether you have chips or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

She didn't have to post. She just looked at her cards and announced to raise quite eagerly.
Old 04-05-2007, 09:14 PM

Pf ..I like a 3 bet...to get BB out ...to get more chips in pot from the other players with a strong hand. And to find out where you are (if she 4 bets you )..
on flop...you need to raise to get the BB to fold...and you may be ahead...and this is a good time to make sure..if 3 bet...maybe then consider calling down...(course if she does 3 bet you .d..the only MADE hand you can beat is TT)
turn...this is the problem with not taking the lead earlier...now out of position..it checks around...you now know you are ahead...but you cant do anything about it ..you already checked...
river...I bet out...going for a ch/r here is risky...what makes you think this made someone a hand??
Old 04-06-2007, 12:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Also, the fact that the woman raised before she even got her chips made me think that she had a strong hand. After flop I was just planning on calling down.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did she have to post. If you post, and it is folded to you, it is right to raise with any two cards? Whether you have chips or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

She didn't have to post. She just looked at her cards and announced to raise quite eagerly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this read merely an addendum or a justification of criticism?

It's closer, but I'm still 3-betting with this read. Defines whether its AA-QQ or AK/AQs better. More often than not it's still hands I'm 50/50 with and I need to charge the 2 cold-callers.
Old 04-06-2007, 04:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hell, I do that when I see anything AJs or better.

With cold callers I'm 3-betting this PF about 100% of the time.

Lead the flop and if you get raised then c/c down unimproved. If she's raising her first hand before she even has chips I want to know what she has.
Old 04-06-2007, 02:03 PM

Getting uber-passive with Jacks is anything but standard. You gave your opponents every chance to cheaply draw out on you and won close to the minimum. Raise preflop, bet the flop, bet the turn, bet the river.
Old 04-06-2007, 02:11 PM

3-bet every time - Play flop super-aggro to try get people out with overcards. If likely bettor on left lead out and hope for raise which you can then 3-bet. If on right check-raise it. That's how I play it anyway - sounds like most people agree.
Old 04-06-2007, 03:36 PM

IMO this had was misplayed all streets except river maybe. Your play is weak/tight, and you are losing HUGE value here.

PF: 3 bet. I 3 bet with JJ+ in all positions, TT+ and even 88+ in many situations.

Flop: LEAD OUT

Turn: You now have a flush draw and two pair - BET/CALL

River: As played the check raise is fine, though if you were aggressive and no one played back at you, then lead river.

AB

P.s.: just because someone does not have their chips yet isn't particularly relevant.