Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-2007, 02:27 PM

Default Re: levels

Death Donkey,you are right as usual.The correct play,whether to donk or try for the check/raise, depends on how your opponent will view your donk.
Old 04-06-2007, 02:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The only reason I can see to bet the flop is if you have a history of annoyingly donking into villain with a wide range of hands. Otherwise CR and collect all sorts of money.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are right and I'm guessing that Bob wouldn't but I sure would and Mike L would, these are the exact hands us donkers dream for, working so hard to donk enough to set these up and make a mint.

[/ QUOTE ]
I am not much of a donker so I am confused as to what the donking hand range would look like given this flop. I would rather see the turn for one SB if I had something like KQ, no?
Old 04-09-2007, 06:33 PM

Bet.

Jeff
Old 04-12-2007, 02:37 AM

Default results

live 30/60
villain here is expert. we are friends and talk poker and of late have played together quite a bit. he is up in this session, but in the last few orbits he has blown 20bb. i am running good, and up around 15bb. I have yet to get out of line.

an orbit earlier we were in a hand where 1-2 players limped, i raised AKo, he 3bets AKo next in, one limper called and i just called. the point is he knows i can just call preflop with AK, which may have some relevance here. (utg, a politician who thinks online poker should be illegal, won with j7o. obviously he is aware that if he could play online, he'd be busto in a few days.)

3folds, I raise AQo, villain 3bets next in, BB calls, i call. BB is a regular. he is simply horrible. his call means zilch.

flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
bb checks, I bet, villain pauses for an instant and calls, BB calls.

turn: 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
check, bet, call, call.

river: 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
check, I check....... he thinks and checks and shows
A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] because he thinks he is good or something when he actually sucks.
Old 04-12-2007, 02:50 AM

Default Re: results

I think his river check is just terrible unless you are the biggest river c/r addict on earth and even then I don't like it. Perhaps he is using a new experimental pattern mapper that isn't on the market yet.

Aside from the fact we now know he checks AK behind I still think you need to bet the river because I assume he's calling down with KK/KQ here sometimes as well as any AXs he's 3betting with. I would have assumed your line would work against AK/AJ and maybe smaller Aces but maybe not. I guess the fact that your c/r failed may put some fear into him on the river in later hands. I don't know who the villain is or how he plays but if he's a live player and this is his normal game then he can probably be intimidated while someone like Schneids/BK will keep pounding no matter what.
Old 04-12-2007, 05:47 AM

No, villain played this hand expertly and PokerBob gave him all the info he needed to do so. To think villain is anything but expert after this hand, well I just don't know what to tell you.

-DeathDonkey
Old 04-12-2007, 11:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
No, villain played this hand expertly and PokerBob gave him all the info he needed to do so. To think villain is anything but expert after this hand, well I just don't know what to tell you.

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

i assume you just c/r the flop and go from there?
Old 04-12-2007, 11:31 AM

Indeed.

-DeathDonkey
Old 04-12-2007, 11:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Indeed.

[/ QUOTE ]

that makes the most sense and makes the most dollars, but a price cannot be put on possibly sexying a friend. such opportunities must be capitalized on.
Old 04-12-2007, 02:46 PM

Even better if you take the same line, he falls for it, and folds to the CR and oops you had no pair. Point is, making lots of money from said friend feels great too.

-DeathDonkey