Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-2007, 08:12 AM

Default Re: on donking

who cares what bakku does? all i know is if you have JT which i suspect you have you should c/r this flop no matter what. donking into bakku on this flop looks like a sad attempt to get him to fold JJ. c/ring looks like the strong hand youre looking to represent, namely KQ, KJ, and KT if youre isolating the fish with that.
Old 04-06-2007, 11:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I had the same feeling when I realized squeezing maximum value from a hand could just as easily come from letting a retard throw three barrels into me as it could from trying to get the same retard to call three bets with worse than flopped middle pair without the fit inducing possibility of being semibluffed.

[/ QUOTE ]

+1 I came to this same realization a few months ago. People always talk about tight-AGGRESSIVE, but there is a lot to say about the passive line.

Especially in a small pot with no need for hand protection with position.

I'm not sure this is the case, but it is sometimes.
Old 04-06-2007, 12:58 PM

Bakku's hand will usually be good because you would probably try for a check/raise with a better hand than AK.

He should raise the flop because if he just calls it, you may check the turn into him.Failing to raise the flop may cost him value,especially if the other guy will call 2 cold on the flop with a crappy hand.
Old 04-06-2007, 02:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What if your donking range is KQ or better?

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

obv. but lets just assume right now i'm not a complete nit. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
These donking posts are really confusing me. Are you saying you would donk something like JT here? If you would I don't think I understand why except for hand range balancing. There must be something I am missing [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 04-06-2007, 02:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

These donking posts are really confusing me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Try this one:

Old 04-06-2007, 06:57 PM

looks like an easy raise with a nit read on you...fishtards coming along if he hit anything, your surely staying in, and wont 3 bet unless hes down to 3 outs...
Old 04-09-2007, 04:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

What's on Don King?

LUUUUL... but seriously: bukkake should call because you want him to raise. He should reevaluate on the turn when his equity improves or decreases. I can see him raising a lot of cards, calling some other cards, and even folding some cards. (But of course you'll thwart that plan too because you're checking the turn to him).

[/ QUOTE ]

It doesn't really matter what cdc wants bakku to do. What matter is what hands cdc wants bakku to raise with. In this case. TPTK beats a vast majority of them.

Call here is pretty bad for a number of reasons
1) We probably have the best hand
2) The pots pretty big
3) Theres a 3rd player involved who may fold for 2 but peel correctly for 1
4) Our hand isn't strong enough to slowplay

All that combined makes this a pretty easy raise. If the pot were smaller or HU, arguments could be made for other lines but in this spot w/a player acting behind you, raising is the only thing to do.

If CDC has KQ or better he c/r's more often than not. If he's trying to get fancy and call the flop to c/r the turn, you'll know about it then. I just don't see what calling the flop accomplishes aside from getting never finding out where you stand.

Hands that CDC will donk: Qx, Kx, maybe even underpairs when he's trying to push you off something. JT possibly, AJ possibly.