Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-2007, 01:43 AM

Default Going to Mazatlan- What to do?

My buddy, his girlfriend, and his parents had a trip to Mazatlan planned for my friend's dad's birthday for the week of April 15th. Well, this last week him and his girl split up and he invited me to go. I was there once as it was a port that my honeymoon cruise stopped at but we did an excursion and didn't really go into the city.

Anyways, I'll be down there for a week, does anybody have any suggestions on places to hit up? Our only plan now is to find some bars and drink a lot of tequilla and coronas.
Old 04-06-2007, 02:58 AM

Default Re: Going to Mazatlan- What to do?

check out a donkey show. congrats on being the new gf. always thought you two would work out.
Old 04-06-2007, 03:15 AM

Was there for spring break. A lot of fun party spots. I stayed at the Costa Del Oro which was pretty nice and had a decent location.

The Tacos places are cheap and a really good. Tacos Luna is the best I had, it was somewhat close to my hotel.

I was there for Spring Break so I had a party package which gave me drinks at various clubs (senor frogs,various other clubs,etc).
Old 04-06-2007, 05:25 AM

I was there once, and stayed at some resort over at Emerald Bay. Food sucked, and the town itself was overrun with criminals because it was spring break (they come in from out of town to rob the tourists during peak seasons). The weather and water were beautiful, though.
Old 04-06-2007, 06:59 AM

I guess hit the shrimp bucket. Other than that who knows. I've been there twice and can't really recommend anything.
Old 04-06-2007, 09:17 AM

It's been a long time, but I remember they had day booze cruises that were a lot of fun. There is an island just offshore, there will be dudes on the beach you can hire to take you there by catamaran. Bring some beers, it's a good place to relax. Downtown is not super interesting but has some decent shopping.
Old 04-06-2007, 11:02 AM

We were in Mazatlan during Carnival last year. Wow, what a wild time, mostly because of Carnival though. The place was nuts and even though there were many tourists around, we all felt like we were minorities in a very different world down at the festivities. Think Mardi Gras and Burning Man with a little Woodstock, and NBA allstar weekend in Vegas all rolled into one. Smoking hot Mexican babes everywhere.

Aside from the Carnival activities we did, Mazatlan was very laid back. The touristy boat/cat trips, fishing, and sailing were all fun. We stayed at one of the El Cid resorts and it was ok, but I'm sure there are more interesting places.

I wanted to snorkel bad, but it was red flag every day for us. Oh well, maybe next time.
Old 04-06-2007, 05:07 PM

Condoms, sunscreen, one pair of flip-flops, one pair of trunks. It's pretty gay.. but go get in a couple sessions of fake-baking.... nothing is worse than getting a sunburn your first day there an ruining your trip.
Old 04-06-2007, 06:50 PM

I moved to Mazatlan 18 months ago, so I have an Idea of some things to do. Carnival is long gone till next year unfortunately so if you want nightlife you need to stay near the Golden Zone.

The top nightclubs are

Gus & Gus
Sheiks(Valentinos)
Joes Oyster Bar(my fave )

There are other clubs and really just ask your taxi driver which one is hopping that night-it varies on the whim of the locals.

If you are looking for someplace to eat you can pay as little as 25 pesos for dinner and a beer to 400ish. My tastes are pretty straightforward and I love the local food.

The best seafood place in town is Mamucas IMO It is 2 blocks from the Fishermans Monument off the Malecon. Again the taxi drivers know this place so just ask em.

For a relaxing beer watching the sunset Id go to Puerto Viejo which is on Olas Altas near Centro. This is where I am many early evenings after a session. I live 3 blocks from there on the hill.

A good place for cheap seafood which is good cheap beer (10 pesos) and hot Mexican waitresses-a rarity as most places hire waiters). Id go to Oysteneria Del Puerto. Just tell your driver take me to the OP. This place does have Narco trafficantes there sometimes so if you go just be relaxed and back down from any altercations.

There are many high end expensive restaurants in the Golden Zone.

Now for the strip clubs.

There are 4 worth mentioning all varying from Tourist high end to local seedy joints.

Botanas-Is the highest calibre one (still cheap compared to North America). Beer is 25 pesos. Highballs are 40 pesos. Cover charge is 100 pesos. Lapdance is 100 pesos/song. Private lapdance is 200 pesos/song ( they will do anything you want for tips ). If you want a girl to sit with you and talk its 150 pesos/drink -as you know they polish em off pretty fast so its about 100 pesos/song. This place has the hottest girls and best service. One thing I really like is all the girls speak passable English.

Next is Tarrandas. This is my favorite strip club in Mazatlan. It is by far the largest. You will find between 100-300 people here at a given time. There is about 15-25 girls as well. The girls here are not as hot as Botanas but they seam nicer and are a little dirtier. Ive seen it all here. From a blonde tourist getting gangbanged by a bunch of Mexicans to strippers giving handjobs and blowjobs right at your table. Beer is 15 pesos. Highballs are 25 pesos. Having a girl drink with you is 80pesos/drink. Lapdances are 50 pesos. Private dances are 200 pesos/2 songs and they do give ya a [censored] which is included in that price. Service here is good but its hard to find English speaking employees. 99% of the patrons are Mexican. Ive never seen any violence or anything here and Ive been many times.

Next is Hippocampos. This place is a small version of Tarrandas. Couple hot girls , some butt ugly. Same prices as Tarrandas. Ive seen some fights here its a little more seedier than Tarrandas.

Then there is Cabbalitos. This place is just dangerous. Ive only been there twice and Im glad I made it out alive lol. Many seedy people, Girls are dirty and nasty. Bright side is beer is 10 pesos.

If whores are your thing you can usually get any Stripper to go with you . If thats not what you want just ask a driver there are 5 or so houses that all the drivers know.

Mazatlan is a fun place. Just be relaxed , show the locals respect dont bring too much cash on your person and dont flash it around.

Ive never been robbed or gotten into a fight. Just keep it real and have alot of fun,,, and yes bring lots of condoms.