Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Health and Fitness
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-05-2007, 09:38 PM

Default programs in crowded gyms...

its very likely that if you aren't in college that you lift in a 24hr/laFitness/ballys type gym...i go to 24hr in an area populated by lots of young people so the gym is crowded all the time, starts to die down around midnight...ideally i would like to begin a program utilizing supersets and quick succession exercises with no rest periods in between...does anyone have tips for doing these kind of sequences when the gym is very crowded or when different exercise stations are not near each other?

for example, if i want to do a weighted dip/barbell row superset or whatever, i will have to go from the free weights area doing my rows across a crowd of benchers/curlers into the cardio/machine area to use the dip/chinUp stand, this pretty much takes the point out of supersetting and is also quite rude since i don't really want to be running around in a crowded space where people are lifting weights, not to mention i would have to tie up multiple stations in a crowded gym...

any ideas?
Old 04-05-2007, 09:47 PM

Default Re: programs in crowded gyms...

Drag a bench and the dumbbells to a squat rack or power cage and do them there. No one uses those at LA fitness, unless I'm there.