Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Health and Fitness
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-26-2007, 10:15 AM

Default Re: Heart Rate and Fat Burn

[ QUOTE ]
That shouldn't be an issue for me. I'm not in terrible shape, and I'm very motivated at the moment. I was on the bike for 50 mins the other day with my HR between 150-170, and I could have kept going for quite a while longer. I'm just trying to find the most effective way to budget my time/effort.

[/ QUOTE ]

you wont see me giving any advice in the gym other than cardio advice because this is what ive researched and this is what i practice.

for weight loss, keeping your heart rate higher is better. the "fat loss" zone really wont do you as much good. for your exercise to reach maximum impact, get your heart rate up to burn more carbohydrates and less fat during the exercise period. at the higher heart rate, your body will continue to burn fuel for hours (up to 24 hours) after youve stopped exercising. as soon as youre done working out at low intensity, youre body stops burning fuel.

also, id be careful about that ephedrine and exercise. you may want to look into side effects more.
Old 04-05-2007, 04:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

A world class athlete never does more than 3 hard workouts a week, so 2 is good for you. If you want to do more, then add in some easy 30 minute sessions.
fat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? I can only gauge from my experience... I was a D1 Swimmer top 25 team, 10 pool practices a week, plus 3 weightlifting and 3-4 dryland workouts.

Our training had at least 5 hard pool practices a week. I'm not really world class, but that stat seems low
Old 04-05-2007, 09:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

A world class athlete never does more than 3 hard workouts a week, so 2 is good for you. If you want to do more, then add in some easy 30 minute sessions.
fat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? I can only gauge from my experience... I was a D1 Swimmer top 25 team, 10 pool practices a week, plus 3 weightlifting and 3-4 dryland workouts.

Our training had at least 5 hard pool practices a week. I'm not really world class, but that stat seems low

[/ QUOTE ]

5 hard practices a week is insane. Its not the effort that makes you stronger, its the recovery after the effort, if you are doing a hard practice almost everyday you never have a chance to recover.

hard is also a subjective term tho