Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-05-2007, 07:01 PM

Default Re: ***OFFICIAL*** LOST Season 3 Episode 15 Discussion -spoiler free-

Juliette is infiltrating the losties for the others? Although they could easily be trying to get rid of her.
Old 04-05-2007, 07:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
yeah i don't buy that juliette is able to own kate like that

or that all kate accomplished with her surprise attack was knocking the trey out of her hands

[/ QUOTE ]

you guys are nits...we've seen Juliet be very capable when it comes to hand to hand combat before, with Jack, remember?

She ducked, get over it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I honestly don't think it's possible to react and move that fast, even if you are highly trained.

Perhaps she's super-human or some kind of android. After all, the gas only knocked her out for an hour while Kate and Jack were out for 5-24 hours. Not to mention that she can carry Kate for many hours though the jungle with her womanly arms.
Old 04-05-2007, 07:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
yeah i don't buy that juliette is able to own kate like that

or that all kate accomplished with her surprise attack was knocking the trey out of her hands

[/ QUOTE ]

you guys are nits...we've seen Juliet be very capable when it comes to hand to hand combat before, with Jack, remember?

She ducked, get over it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I honestly don't think it's possible to react and move that fast, even if you are highly trained.

Perhaps she's super-human or some kind of android. After all, the gas only knocked her out for an hour while Kate and Jack were out for 5-24 hours. Not to mention that she can carry Kate for many hours though the jungle with her womanly arms.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha funny joke.
Old 04-05-2007, 07:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Here is How it will go next week if Lost is phenomonal

Juliette: They'll kill me if I tell you everything I know.

Sayid: What do you think I will do if you don't?

(he strips her completely naked, ties her down, begins putting his tool to her and SIIHP)

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp

[/ QUOTE ]

We let 8 year olds post?

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn, you're right. That was immature and really brought down the high standard of maturity that 2p2 regularly exudes. I hope I will be forgiven.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well the mods have been trying to run a tight ship especially in LOST threads to avoid spoilers and lame BS stuff like this. The more these threads devolve into BBV-style "FYP" and "Omg boobies" posts, the less likely people are to check em out weekly and give good input.

Also, there is definitely a different between commenting during the show when something is particularly hot, etc. and after the show. Seems like after the show people are trying to get into real discussions about answers and plotlines, so it doesn't need to be sidetracked.

This obviously isn't just to you, but to everyone, that its best to avoid such lameness. There are some hot women on this show, and every time we see Kate there could be 100 posts about "omg i'd like to put my smoke monster in her hatch", but thats not what these threads are about.

If you feel the need for them, feel free to visit one of the countless "who is hotter" posts, or hit up Nick B's Lost whine post. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a lot of respect for you Mr. XXXNoahXXX - that's not sarcasm either.

OK, I will post something more appropriate...

As some have said, a smoke moster that can violently trounce a jungle as it seeks out it's victims/targets, yet has difficulty hopping over an electric fence that a 110lb woman scaled a few weeks prior, seems like a weak hole in the plot. But whatever, I will suspend my belief for the sake of enjoying the show for what it is and not trying to over-analyze.

I don't trust Juliette yet, but I like the idea of an Other joining the Losties like this. I don't care if she tells the truth or lies - it can only lead to more info for us viewers. Plus, she is easy on the eyes.

I thought Hurley teaching Sawyer a valuable lesson on kindness to others, was somewhat gay, but maybe it was necessary due to future plans for his character. So I'm fine with it.

I pretty much did not like last week's episode at all, but this week's was pretty enjoyable.

Smoke Monster rules.

[/ QUOTE ]

so if the smoke monster was say, oh a polar bear, would it be a plot hole if the polar bear couldn't scale a fence the way a human being could? Of course not. Maybe the smoke monster is not any more intelligent than a polar bear.

[/ QUOTE ]

I tend to agree with the guy who said that teh smoke monster = nanotechnology. I could be sorely mistaken, but I believe that nontechnicology=smarter than a human or a polar bear. Well, at least a polar bear.
Old 04-05-2007, 07:32 PM

Regarding the smoke monster's inability to go over the fence: I took it as it was caught in the barrier and then was so shocked/damaged/disoriented that it had to 'retreat'.
Old 04-05-2007, 07:54 PM

Just thought of something:

If the losties were able to figure out that going over the fence would work, wouldn't the "hostiles" the other's speak of be able to do this as well. Others=hostiles?
Old 04-05-2007, 09:07 PM

Another thing about nanotechnology is that scientists think in the future it will be able to go inside human bodies and make repairs (Locke's paralysis), and it could easily be affected by magnetism if that's what that fence is doing.
Old 04-06-2007, 03:13 AM

Very good episode, imo. If anyone cares, Sawyer's baby's mama is Joanie Stubbs from Deadwood. I was pretty proud of myself for realizing where I'd seen her before, before I imdb'ed her after the show.
Old 04-06-2007, 03:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I mean, even if we know that Locke is "good," that wouldn't account for his odd disposition when he was talking to Kate. We have never been led to believe that Locke was so selfish as to be willing to sacrifice the rest of the Losties for what has become his apparent goal--remaining on the island. He even apologizes to Kate, but does it in a cursory way, without any real sincerity.

[/ QUOTE ]
Rushmore,

If the Others told Locke that Kate was some sort of scam artist - and she was complicit with one in this episode, at the very least - that might explain things. It'd be understandable if Locke had a "lynch 'em all" attitude towards con men, no?
Old 04-06-2007, 04:04 AM

In the scene where Kate first went in to check on Jack, there was a quick pan through the room he was lying in. It showed two smoke grenade canisters on the floor, as well as signs of what could be a struggle. And there were some smashed teacups on the floor.

Juliet said to Kate that she was in her house making tea when she got jumped. Anyone think that Juliet was in Jack's company at the time when they went down? Jack did immediately ask about her upon regaining consciousness.

I don't really know if this seems right. or what it could even mean, but I thought I'd throw it out there. At the least I think that the time lapse difference from when Kate woke up 'til when Jack woke up can be explained by the double canisters and enclosed room.