Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-05-2007, 06:07 PM

Default It was called \"spew\" and \"unprofitable\"

As well as being called a donkey. Keep in mind I usually lead and then push over a raise but I was changing it up. Villain here is FrinkX. He hates me (I think). Hes pretty good and runs at 22/16 over 1000 hands. Keep in mind I don't raise here if the button doesn't make this bet. If there is an early lead I probably just call. Thought there could be some fold equity here since it was checked to him. Also once I put in $65 I thought I was getting a good enough price and couldn't be that dead if I were to call with the gutshot/ flush draw.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Button ($200)
SB ($202.75)
Hero ($197)
UTG ($31.10)
MP ($413.35)
CO ($181.30)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls $2, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $10</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls $8, UTG calls $8.

Flop: ($31) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $20</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $65</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $190</font>, Hero calls $122 (All-In).

Turn: ($408) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

River: ($408) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $408
Old 04-05-2007, 06:10 PM

Default Re: It was called \"spew\" and \"unprofitable\"

Isn't post flop basically standard?
Old 04-05-2007, 06:12 PM

The bad things about this play - your not using your position well at all, because of UTG, I'd either b/3b flop or c/c it and hope UTG comes along to give me better odds. However, the fact is there is no way that getting a big combo draw in on the flop is ever really spew. Just ignore people f, seriously, they just want to piss you off so you'll break and tilt to them or something of that matter.
Old 04-05-2007, 06:17 PM

Lead out here to try to get UTG trapped then 3bt allin.
Old 04-05-2007, 06:23 PM

this is fine, but b3b is usually better

oh, and dont worry, frinkx hates everyone
Old 04-05-2007, 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. When trying to get AI with a draw, it's always better to be the pusher, thus securing some profit in the form of FE.
Old 04-05-2007, 06:42 PM

The way the hand played out, you were getting about 2:1 on your money when villain put you all in and your about even money against an overpair, seems like an easy call. I would have lead and 3bet
Old 04-05-2007, 07:05 PM

I think I like the check better. If this gets checked through, that's ok, and if he makes a cont bet bluff/with little, you get some more money when you checkraise and he folds. It kind of sucks when he flat calls the checkraise and you miss, but that doesn't really happen that much, and even if it does, you'll still only be a little -ev on an overpair to push a blank turn with what you have left, or you can just give it up. With this board, I think he is either going to push or fold the flop 95% of the time.

I also hate when I bet here, get called in two places, and the turn blanks. I just feel like a checkraise makes this hand easier to play.
Old 04-05-2007, 07:10 PM

this is sooooooooooo standard
Old 04-05-2007, 07:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] I agree. When trying to get AI with a draw, it's always better to be the pusher, thus securing some profit in the form of FE.

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't it easier by check raising here since there are two opponents. I think having the oppurunity to b/3b all in is significantly decreased by the fact that there are three people in this pot instead of just two.