Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-05-2007, 12:59 PM

Default Re: My craziest drug experience

[ QUOTE ]
Don't want to get into a debate about this but if you have taken LSD on a many ocassions it is likely at some point down the road you will have a simalair experiance [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
But hey your in it for the ride so enjoy [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Are you referring to bad trips or flashbacks? If you mean bad trips, then yes, it is likely that every frequent user will have one. They aren't impossible to avoid, but even experienced users make mistakes about dosage, environment, or in evaluating their own mental state.

If you are referring to flashbacks, I have definitely had persisting hallucinations and other strange LSD-esque experiences while sober. I do not dispute the occurence of flashbacks or HPPD. However I think to suggest that out of nowhere you will lose complete control of yourself because of having taken LSD though is fear mongering and untrue. Having taken LSD once or even many times does not substantially increase your risk for experiencing a fatal accident because flashbacks.
Old 04-05-2007, 01:02 PM

My question is, with all that anxiety and all that worry, why would you ever do this to yourself?
Old 04-05-2007, 01:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Don't want to get into a debate about this but if you have taken LSD on a many ocassions it is likely at some point down the road you will have a simalair experiance [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
But hey your in it for the ride so enjoy [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Are you referring to bad trips or flashbacks? If you mean bad trips, then yes, it is likely that every frequent user will have one. They aren't impossible to avoid, but even experienced users make mistakes about dosage, environment, or in evaluating their own mental state.

If you are referring to flashbacks, I have definitely had persisting hallucinations and other strange LSD-esque experiences while sober. I do not dispute the occurence of flashbacks or HPPD. However I think to suggest that out of nowhere you will lose complete control of yourself because of having taken LSD though is fear mongering and untrue. Having taken LSD once or even many times does not substantially increase your risk for experiencing a fatal accident because flashbacks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree,i was reffering to flashbacks.All i was saying is when and if you do get one it's like a split secound but that could cause:say if you was driving for your reaction to swerve or something like that.Yeah i have heard these stupid stories like i thought i was a tomatoe and chopped myself up or some other crazy crap.Anyway thats that.
Good luck messing with your mind anyways
Old 04-05-2007, 01:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My question is, with all that anxiety and all that worry, why would you ever do this to yourself?

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't now that you read this thread. Take it somewhere safe and comfortable, where you don't have to drive/work/etc. for the next 12+ hours. Take it with people you trust not straight people that you have to hide being on LSD from. Take 1 dose not 3 your first few times until you feel comfortable with the effects enough to maybe wonder around.

LSD can definitely heighten your senses but you will be fine 99% of the time if you follow what I said. Its like.. if you eat 3 greasy burritos then wash it down with a pint of gin and some buttermilk, you would expect to puke right? Just know what you are doing and the chances are way in favor of you having a great time.
Old 04-05-2007, 01:59 PM

I can safely say that over the my many experiences with LSD, ive never felt the need to take more than one dose.

Ive taken 3 drops of a liquid lsd at a lake house get together once, and it really didnt feel any different to me than the trips ive taken on 1 dose of blot.

all were fairly intense and memorable
Old 04-05-2007, 02:54 PM

HPPD is a scary subject. I have a good friend who had something like it after a summer with ALOT of hallucinogens, he was totally destroyed by it for a long while. Although I think it went away after like 6-12 months or something.

When he suffered the HPPD he was having afterglow from stuff when "sober" and if he looked at the sky it was like seeing the static on a TV.
Old 04-05-2007, 06:59 PM

The thing about LSD is that it hits everyone differently, 1 hit to you can feel like 10 hits to your friend. Plus you usually dont know what your getting. You can eat weak liquid once (like Bartini) but next time you lose your [censored] for 12 hours.... try mixing LSD with MDMA for a real good time though...........