Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-05-2007, 03:53 PM

Default Re: ***OFFICIAL*** LOST Season 3 Episode 15 Discussion -spoiler free-

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

She could have also handcuffed herself to Kate after waking up from the gassing and finding Kate there so she truly wasn't left behind.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is the way I understood it.

[/ QUOTE ]

what about the implications of her being certain that the fence was inactive? if she woke up in the jungle near kate, how would she know for sure?

seems like if she was really gassed, she woke up at the barracks and not on the outside.

[/ QUOTE ]

This makes no sense to me though as it would be simple enough for her to go get Jack as there is no way Jack would leave her behind.

Perhaps there is a light or something to that effect on the security fence that we didn't see that let her know if it is activated or not.
Old 04-05-2007, 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Perhaps there is a light or something to that effect on the security fence that we didn't see that let her know if it is activated or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

that would make sense but it seems like we got a pretty good look at the fence.

the keypad had a light but it was on the opposite side and covered up.

maybe she was hoping to have an additional "friend" besides jack.
Old 04-05-2007, 04:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Here is How it will go next week if Lost is phenomonal

Juliette: They'll kill me if I tell you everything I know.

Sayid: What do you think I will do if you don't?

(he strips her completely naked, ties her down, begins putting his tool to her and SIIHP)

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp

[/ QUOTE ]

We let 8 year olds post?

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn, you're right. That was immature and really brought down the high standard of maturity that 2p2 regularly exudes. I hope I will be forgiven.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well the mods have been trying to run a tight ship especially in LOST threads to avoid spoilers and lame BS stuff like this. The more these threads devolve into BBV-style "FYP" and "Omg boobies" posts, the less likely people are to check em out weekly and give good input.

Also, there is definitely a different between commenting during the show when something is particularly hot, etc. and after the show. Seems like after the show people are trying to get into real discussions about answers and plotlines, so it doesn't need to be sidetracked.

This obviously isn't just to you, but to everyone, that its best to avoid such lameness. There are some hot women on this show, and every time we see Kate there could be 100 posts about "omg i'd like to put my smoke monster in her hatch", but thats not what these threads are about.

If you feel the need for them, feel free to visit one of the countless "who is hotter" posts, or hit up Nick B's Lost whine post. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a lot of respect for you Mr. XXXNoahXXX - that's not sarcasm either.

OK, I will post something more appropriate...

As some have said, a smoke moster that can violently trounce a jungle as it seeks out it's victims/targets, yet has difficulty hopping over an electric fence that a 110lb woman scaled a few weeks prior, seems like a weak hole in the plot. But whatever, I will suspend my belief for the sake of enjoying the show for what it is and not trying to over-analyze.

I don't trust Juliette yet, but I like the idea of an Other joining the Losties like this. I don't care if she tells the truth or lies - it can only lead to more info for us viewers. Plus, she is easy on the eyes.

I thought Hurley teaching Sawyer a valuable lesson on kindness to others, was somewhat gay, but maybe it was necessary due to future plans for his character. So I'm fine with it.

I pretty much did not like last week's episode at all, but this week's was pretty enjoyable.

Smoke Monster rules.

[/ QUOTE ]

so if the smoke monster was say, oh a polar bear, would it be a plot hole if the polar bear couldn't scale a fence the way a human being could? Of course not. Maybe the smoke monster is not any more intelligent than a polar bear.
Old 04-05-2007, 05:11 PM

I think the smoke monster is nanotechnology, like in Michael Chrichton's book Prey.
Old 04-05-2007, 05:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the smoke monster is nanotechnology, like in Michael Chrichton's book Prey.

[/ QUOTE ]

The writers have denied this, but I still think they're lying. There is no other real explanation...

Ray
Old 04-05-2007, 05:41 PM

yeah i don't buy that juliette is able to own kate like that

or that all kate accomplished with her surprise attack was knocking the trey out of her hands
Old 04-05-2007, 05:41 PM

Anyone else notice that Locke's right hand is freshly bandaged?

More info on this, especially considering what we found out at the end of the previous week's episode would be very interesting. Any speculation (besides the obvious)?
Old 04-05-2007, 05:56 PM

Grunching, so disregard anything repetetive...

Juliette was outside with the group with Kate looked out right? I didn't imagine that?

Secondly, when they first get back to the barracks, doesn't Juliette say "Sayid is in the backyard somewhere, you better get Jack." How did she know that both Sayid and Jack were there?

Mhm.
Old 04-05-2007, 06:54 PM

General question: does it mean I'm stupid if I think the guy playing Sayid is a really good actor?
Old 04-05-2007, 07:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yeah i don't buy that juliette is able to own kate like that

or that all kate accomplished with her surprise attack was knocking the trey out of her hands

[/ QUOTE ]

you guys are nits...we've seen Juliet be very capable when it comes to hand to hand combat before, with Jack, remember?

She ducked, get over it.