Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Which would you hire...
Stoner 168 76.71%
Drunk 51 23.29%
Voters: 219. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-04-2007, 11:58 PM

Default Re: Champions League Quarterfinals

[ QUOTE ]
Remember though, in two weeks we will have a fully healthy Saha, so our attacking options will be much greater and he will give the defense massive problems

[/ QUOTE ]

two weeks??

the 2nd leg is in 6 days, my friend.
Old 04-05-2007, 12:00 AM

KDawg, I think you guys are really missing Vidic. Him, and Ronaldo, are the two ManU players I would want playing for Arsenal. I really like Vidic's tenacity and he provides a lot on corners and set pieces. Plus he isn't a dbag like Ferdinand.
Old 04-05-2007, 01:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Him, and Ronaldo, are the two ManU players I would want playing for Arsenal.

[/ QUOTE ]

you wouldn't want Rooney, Van Der Saar, or Heinze?

but yes, Vidic has really come into his own this season and with Rio and Heinze they have really made a strong back that will hopefully be together for a while. Now we just need to find a right back that will hopefully eventually replace Neville. What is most important with Vidic is that he frees up Rio and can cover for Rio the times that Rio loses his brain. Having to use Wes Brown as cover is a massive drop off
Old 04-05-2007, 10:29 AM

alex ferguson rants against the referee, who i thought had a fabulous match:

Sir Alex Ferguson last night claimed Manchester United were playing "against 12 men" in an outburst against the German referee Herbert Fandel, which could result in further recriminations from Uefa. Ferguson was incensed by Fandel's performance at the Stadio Olimpico and may have talked himself into trouble after claiming that "a good referee" would not have sent off Paul Scholes. "Considering we played with ten men - mostly against 12 men - for over an hour, this is a good result for us," he said. "I don't think we got a decision all night but that is European football, I'm afraid."

"I can't have any complaints about [Scholes's] first booking but I do have complaints about the second one. In a big game like that, a good referee would not have sent him off, "

How does Ferugson not think Scholes' second yellow was a bookable offense? That's like a textbook yellow card, with or without one already. Who's he trying to fool?
Old 04-05-2007, 11:03 AM

The second card was without question legit. Maybe if Totti wasn't trying to run past Scholes, MAYBE then I could see it not being a card, but its pretty clear Scholes isn't playing the ball and deliberitely trips Totti.

KDawg,
I think Rooney is overrated and a hot head. Maybe if quit acting like an idiot I would like him. VanDerSar is old, but he's quality, and Heinze is a dirt bag. Why would I be interested in your backup LB?
Old 04-05-2007, 01:20 PM

Reports of Italian fans and police attacking Man U fans:

http://www.reuters.com/article/sport...52520520070405
Old 04-05-2007, 01:57 PM

Which 2nd leg game will be the most action-packed or exciting?
Old 04-05-2007, 02:17 PM

When will the UEFA deal with the racism, game fixing and violence in Italian football? I am not british, but if similar things had happened in England they'd slap another euroban on the premier league for the next 500 years.

FFS.
Old 04-05-2007, 02:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Reports of Italian fans and police attacking Man U fans:

http://www.reuters.com/article/sport...52520520070405

[/ QUOTE ]

its utterly laughable that UEFA and FIFA haven't done a damn thing about the obvious italian problem. I have held the opinion since the Anders Frisk incident(where projectiles were thrown at him and a game had to be abandoned) and the incident between Inter and Milan(when the fans bombarded the pitch with flares and other projectiles) that Italian teams need to be kicked out of UEFA competition for at least 4 years, and maybe 6. If english teams could be kicked out for fan violence in the 80s, then why not the italian teams where it is obvious that the fans have little respect. A man was killed this year and there has been lots of crowd trouble over the past 15 years. I would love to see Platini make a stand and try to do something about this

TSC, rooney is far from over rated. He hasn't had the best year this year, and I wouldn't doubt that the foot still bothers him and that he hasn't fully come back from his injury. He is only 21 remember, and I would garnutee you that any club in the world would line up to buy him if he somehow became available. Also, Heinze is the normal starter for us, not a backup
Old 04-05-2007, 02:36 PM

Evra has played more than Heinze this season