Thu 4/5 Kuniyoshi Hironaka vs Forrest Petz
109 Kuniyoshi Hironaka -174
110 Forrest Petz +164

Thu 4/5 Rich Clementi vs Roan Carneiro
111 Rich Clementi -155
112 Roan Carneiro +145
Old 04-03-2007, 09:06 PM

Default Re: UFC: UFN betting odds

I talked with Perf about this a little, but I like Guillard a lot. Pretty much, hes a friend of a friend. The dude is nasty as hell though. Id like to know what the experts think.

BTW, does anyone know where else they offer these lines besides Cris/Bookmaker. I am looking to move from bookmaker because it is absolutely horrible right now. I like WSEX, anyone know if they put these lines up?
Old 04-03-2007, 11:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I talked with Perf about this a little, but I like Guillard a lot. Pretty much, hes a friend of a friend. The dude is nasty as hell though. Id like to know what the experts think.

BTW, does anyone know where else they offer these lines besides Cris/Bookmaker. I am looking to move from bookmaker because it is absolutely horrible right now. I like WSEX, anyone know if they put these lines up?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was hoping Stevenson would open up with a +140 by his name. As is I'm probably going to just enjoy watching the fight.
Old 04-03-2007, 11:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

First all, let me begin by saying that I think Stevenson-Guillard will be an awesome fight and if anyone is on the fence about watching this event they should definitely tune in for this fight.

I've retired from sports betting since Pinny and Neteller died, but if I were betting this I'd go with Stevenson. Melvin is extremely dangerous on his feet, but Stevenson will have a very big advantage on the ground, and I think he will be able to take it there enough to win the fight. Melvin has a very aggressive style that can win a fight at any time, but it also leaves him open to getting stuck in bad positions, especially against a very good grappler like Joe Daddy. Even as recently as the Ruediger fight Melvin gave up his back before winning the fight. Melvin has likely been working on his ground game heavily in anticipation of this fight, but I doubt it will be enough to be able to handle Stevenson. Joe is the most underrated fighter in the LW division in my opinion, possibly because of his lackluster performance against Neer. I think he is the legit #2 in the UFC LW division (barring BJ Penn staying there) and will prove it on Thrusday. I also think Melvin has a really [censored] attitude, which means he is very confident in the cage, but also capable of being overconfident and making a dumb mistake, which may be a factor in a very close fight like this.

By the way, has anyone else noticed how Rogan loves to describe every black fighter as "athletic and explosive"? I dare you to watch Melvin or Rashad fight and take a shot every time Rogan says athletic or explosive.
Old 04-05-2007, 07:07 AM

http://ufcjunkie.com/2007/04/04/perf...t-9/#more-1343

Performify's write up on UFCJunkie.com.
Old 04-05-2007, 12:29 PM

where u guys placing your action? god i f*ckin miss pinny
Old 04-05-2007, 01:24 PM

Slightly off topic, but has anyone else heard the rumors that the UFC may announce tonight or this weekend that Big Nog will be fighting in the UFC?

That's cool if true, but I'm worried that the drunks at an UFN will have no clue who he is.
Old 04-05-2007, 03:51 PM

I like Drew Ficket here, he is only 3/6 in the UFC but ALL his opponents were pretty big studs.

I got 20u on Melvin and Drew each, and I don't know about the rest.
Old 04-05-2007, 04:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Slightly off topic, but has anyone else heard the rumors that the UFC may announce tonight or this weekend that Big Nog will be fighting in the UFC?

That's cool if true, but I'm worried that the drunks at an UFN will have no clue who he is.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes that rumour has been everywhere. Who really cares though now that pride/UFC are basically one.
Old 04-05-2007, 04:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yes that rumour has been everywhere. Who really cares though now that pride/UFC are basically one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well it means that Nog would be fighting in the UFC regularly rather than once a year. There are some fun matchups like AA, Sylvia, Vera, and Couture that would be less likely to happen if here were still in Pride.