Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-05-2007, 05:30 AM

Default overplayedAA or allright?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

CO ($25.45)
Button ($39.45)
<font color="#C00000">SB ($43.35)</font>
BB ($13.50)
<font color="#C00000">Hero ($23.35)</font>
MP ($42.45)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB calls $0.90, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: ($2.25) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $1.25</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $3.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $9</font>, SB calls $38.85 (All-In), Hero calls $13.35 (All-In).

Turn: ($66.95) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 2 all-in)</font>

River: ($66.95) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 2 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $66.95

Dont know much about his style of play, he seemed to be tight
Old 04-05-2007, 05:37 AM

Default Re: overplayedAA or allright?

Bad luck if he hit a set or if he had a combodraw... Bet more on the flop.

Well, it's the situations I always get in as well... If you got no reads on villain, it's a tough spot, but it's acceptable I guess...
Old 04-05-2007, 05:37 AM

Stats on the SB? I don't like your 1.25 bet on the pot, make it $2. I would have called the SB's reraise, and see what he does on the turn, but this depends a lot on what kind of player he is, if he is TAGGY I would fold to his allin, he probably has a set, an overpair like QQ/KK probably isn't in his hand range since he would 3bet those, a straight isn't possible either since he wouldn't be calling with 85s in the SB. If he is a loose donk, he could have anything though, or he could be chasing a flush, but even donks wouldn't 3bet allin if they had a flush draw.
Old 04-05-2007, 05:48 AM

Preflop raise opponent calls. No reads Im guessing opponent has any pair any combination of two A-T cards SCs Axs.

Flop opponent checks you bet opponent raises. I put opponent on
Axs A7 44 66-AA. you reraise. Opponent goes all in. I put opponent on 66 44 77 AA KK QQ.

So i suggest fold unless you have reads. Depends on how they value pairs and draws and hand range.
Old 04-05-2007, 10:17 AM

Ok lets say, i bet more potsize perhaps: Then when a tight aggressive player raise it up to 6-7$. Can i really fold?
I know there is no definte answer, i calld allin overbets with 1pair against specific opponents and vs other i fold without a second thought. But the problem on this board is that it looks not too good for a preflop raiser. Even when i think my opponent has an overpair i wouldt probably raise with pocket 5 and he has the decision to make assuming its a player able to find the fold button with a one pair hand. Just my thoughts
Old 04-05-2007, 11:54 AM

Fine.
Old 04-05-2007, 11:59 AM

Im putting him on a combodraw. So thats a coinflip at the flop.

I like your play, but I will bet $2 on the flop.
Old 04-05-2007, 12:10 PM

When I see this I look at reads on villain, and pokertracker numbers, especially preflop raise and postflop aggression. If his preflop raise is less than 10%, I go broke with AA... if it's more, then he (probably) 3bets big pairs rather than trying to trap bysmoothcalling.

on this drawy board, postflop aggression is also important because if villain is aggressive he has a combo draw very often.

The way its played you have to call at every opportunity but when you bet and get raised, these reads will help you decide if its even worth 3betting flop (I know most people hate this, but I'm confident its correct). If villain has an aggression factor of .67, he's certainly not raising your flop bet with a draw, so you don't need to price out the draw. So then, the question becomes, what worse hands are going to be calling a 3bet, or even shoving? If villain is loose/passive, probably a lot of weaker overpairs. If villain is loose/aggressive, many of these overpairs were now being reraised preflop, and he will be capable of dumping 88 to the 3bet (or any of the lower pairs he could be raising, thinking he'll knock you off AK). If villain is tight/aggressive and seemingly good, then he is only stacking off with JJ/QQ+, a set/2pair/combo draw, and we're behind a lot of that range (especially since you negate JJ+ by no preflop 3bet)