Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-05-2007, 11:19 AM

Default Re: Don\'t be this guy

I don't understand why people can't just stop being douchebags....guys that count out every single chip, guys that play out of a rack, constant string bettors, guys that can't figure out how to add up different denomination chips, etc.
Old 04-05-2007, 11:53 AM

I played a tournament the other night and the guy in the 1 seat kept taking his stack of chips and setting them a good 6 inches in front of his cards, stopping, picking up his cards, then pulling his chips back and mucking. I finally asked the dealer after I was in a hand with him :"So is that an all in or what this time since the chips are right out in the betting area". Dealer says "no, he didn't say call" WTF, I didn't ask anything about a call. I bet 500 and there is 4k sitting out about 8 inches from the rail, looks like an all in bet to me, then the guy takes them back and throws his cards away. This happened with 4 consecutive dealers and not one would enforce that as a bet when the chips were clearly in the betting area.
Old 04-05-2007, 11:57 AM

This is the type of idiotic decisions that keep "new" players away from B&M. People are afraid of losing their money because of some undisclosed rule or a simple mistake.

Warn the players, do not punish them!
Old 04-05-2007, 12:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I played a tournament the other night and the guy in the 1 seat kept taking his stack of chips and setting them a good 6 inches in front of his cards, stopping, picking up his cards, then pulling his chips back and mucking. I finally asked the dealer after I was in a hand with him :"So is that an all in or what this time since the chips are right out in the betting area". Dealer says "no, he didn't say call" WTF, I didn't ask anything about a call. I bet 500 and there is 4k sitting out about 8 inches from the rail, looks like an all in bet to me, then the guy takes them back and throws his cards away. This happened with 4 consecutive dealers and not one would enforce that as a bet when the chips were clearly in the betting area.

[/ QUOTE ]

You should have asked the dealer to call the floor so that i could yell at him when he said no.
Old 04-06-2007, 11:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't understand why people can't just stop being douchebags....guys that count out every single chip, guys that play out of a rack , constant string bettors, guys that can't figure out how to add up different denomination chips, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF? Why are you a douchebag for playing out of a rack?
Old 04-06-2007, 12:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
WTF? Why are you a douchebag for playing out of a rack?

[/ QUOTE ]
In some NL games I play, they use racks to make counting easier. But in limit, it slows down the game considerably. Even in NL, if you're not betting whatever's in the rack, pulling out chips slows things down. Maybe you're good at it, but most aren't, and there's no way that pulling some chips or a stack out of a rack and placing it on the table can be faster than simply sliding them forward on the felt.