Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-05-2007, 03:55 AM

Default Re: NL 5/10 AA on Flop QdJh10h

I think SB floped a set of 10 jacks or queens here. Fold its better then having your aces fully craked.
Old 04-05-2007, 05:01 AM

wow i don't even play 5/10 and even i know there has been some pretty horrible advice in this thready. Call flop ffs, fold to a turn bet unless you improve
Old 04-05-2007, 06:42 AM

Preflop my question is :

Will I make more money by calling and having my hand clearly disguised, according to the fact that I am aggressive and my player might over play a hand which is worth less than mine (Preflop). Calling allow me to probably collect a continous on PF.
However, reraising preflop ( How much ? interesting question as well ?!) will build a bigger pot but my hand will not be disguised anymore. It depends of how I am aggressive, because I do not remember having been reraised..

The question is : how is worth deception ?!

See what happened at the turn :

Hero calls

Turn Jc {Qh10hJd} (pot $680)

SB goes all in for $760. My stack is bigger.

What do you do?
Old 04-05-2007, 06:46 AM

If villain thinks you are extremely tight then your hand has ~0 showdown value no matter what cards you hold. He will only show down when he has a substantial hand. Run with your image until you are viwed as out of control...then adjust. Get it done baby miniballer style.
Old 04-05-2007, 08:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
wow i don't even play 5/10 and even i know there has been some pretty horrible advice in this thready. Call flop ffs, fold to a turn bet unless you improve

[/ QUOTE ]

And this is why you DON'T play 5/10

Reraise preflop...as played fold flop for reasons stated above...only hands your beating are 99, KK and AQ. Calling on the flop is a huge mistake against a nit, cause most of the time you only have 6 outs max.

Since you got to turn...you obviously believed you were ahead. Board didn't change much...he didn't have 2 pair on the flop, so the J doesn't help your hand any (it didn't counterfit his 2pr). Seems like the only hand your beating is KK.
Old 04-05-2007, 09:28 AM

My idea is the following is :

Since I am aggressive, I guess his range of hands (for an apparently tight player) could go from 88+ to AQo+ (KQs?). I did not make anybody think I am loose, I am just aggressive. Therefore, if the player is a fairly good poker player, I assume that he will play differently a set (10 J or Q) on the turn.
Then, because a J does not belong to his range of hands, the only hands who could beat is AK and he could have AQ, 99, KK or KQs.

But I agree AK is more likely than KQs (for example) despite the reduce number of AK possible.

Then, in my opinion, if you agree to my assumptions, the question is reduced as a simple calcul of odds. I did not caculate it, I might but I think I am ahead.

Your opinion?
Old 04-05-2007, 10:02 AM

how do you think he'll play a set on the turn? why not push it in before a scarecard comes? you think he thinks you're floating the flop and will bluff the turn? pretty far fetched. i'd be much more likely to think that since you called the flop, you'll probably call the turn.
Old 04-05-2007, 10:18 AM

you said that he's a nit, why do you assume that he's going to be reraising with KQ? I think his range is smaller than what you make it out to be. The problem with the J turn is that it means you could be drawing to only 2 outs, which makes your "odds" much worse.

My opinions i stated before...4-bet pre, fold flop, as played i guess calculate your odds, but i still think you're beat.

TWP -- pushing flop seems terrible...is a nit going to call with AQ there? if not then the only hand calling that we're beating is KK, and even Kings have 6 outs to beat us
Old 04-05-2007, 10:30 AM

so did you call?
Old 04-05-2007, 10:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
only hands your beating are 99, KK and AQ

[/ QUOTE ]

are you kidding? people raise all kinds of [censored] preflop, especially from an aggressive cut-off raiser. I'm a nit at 2/4 and yet i still would raise hands like medium pairs and suited connectors in this position. There is a good chance villain will shut down on the turn if he has air.

[ QUOTE ]
Reraise preflop

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't be results orientated, calling preflop is totally standard unless you're a total maniacal 4-bettor which i assume op is not. With 100bbish stacks, calling preflop is absolutely fine