Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-05-2007, 01:30 AM

Default Re: Wrestlemania 23

'Taker's a good worker for a guy his size, but there's no way he's top 10 all-time (especially if you're factoring in Japanese/Lucha Libre guys). He probably barely makes a top 10 "big man" list, which would probably be topped by guys like Vader and Stan Hansen.

'Taker was really fun to watch in the early/mid 90s when he had a lot of athleticism.
Old 04-05-2007, 02:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Cena will probably fued with Michaels, until HHH comes back and then he will fued with HHH again(yawn).

[/ QUOTE ]

I can see a feud with RAW's other young stud, Randy Orton, in the near future. (Unless the steroid allegations put Orton in the WWE's doghouse again)

[/ QUOTE ]

No, just no. I like Orton, I like his finisher, his theme song, his Orton pose, I think he's pretty good. I don't want to see him get jobbed out to Cena like a punk.
Old 04-05-2007, 02:13 AM

What is it you guys like about Orton? The never-ending chinlocks or the lack or charisma?

Cool finisher, though.
Old 04-05-2007, 02:36 AM

Oh crap, what if Kennedy cashes in the MITB against Cena? Their goes Kennedy's cred.
Old 04-05-2007, 02:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What is it you guys like about Orton? The never-ending chinlocks or the lack or charisma?

Cool finisher, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Orton's trainwreck promos >>>>>>>>> constant restholds
Old 04-05-2007, 02:51 AM

Taker is [censored] awful in the ring and I haven't watched wrestling in 5 years. I'm sure he hasn't gotten better with age.
Old 04-05-2007, 03:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Cool finisher, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I liked it better the first time, when it was called the Diamond Cutter. [/david[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]]
Old 04-05-2007, 03:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Cool finisher, though.

[/ QUOTE ] lack or charisma

He plays to the crowd while in the ring much better then he used to. Orton also consistently gets some of the biggest pops on RAW these days, and he's supposed to be a heel. I think people would def. get into a Cena/Orton feud, and that feud is bound to happen in the near future. In the RAW show in Chicago the Monday before Wrestlemania, Orton and Mr. Kennedy both got enormous ovations while in the ring, while Cena almost got booed out of the building. (I realize Chicago is very anti-cena, however.)
Old 04-05-2007, 09:05 AM

Wow whats with all the Undertaker hate? I've never been a fan of his but he is definetly one of the top 5 "big man" wrestlers ever, I didn't even think there was much debate about that.
Old 04-05-2007, 09:59 AM

As Dids stated, "worker" is a pretty specific term, and that's what is, or was originally, being argued. A wrestler is a good worker, by internet standards at least, if he has a high degree of technical proficiency and has a very high ratio of action to inaction, i.e. rest holds, in their matches. In that context it's pretty difficult to view Taker as a good worker.

Though I've never had much of a taste for his talents myself, he is obviously very good in most other aspects of the business.