Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-05-2007, 08:41 AM

Default do you ever come over the top here? 11$ fo AKs UTG

Hero has been pretty active lately, kind of bullying around the table... villian hasnt been that active, and I havent really seen a reraise from him yet...
but do you ever come over the top and push... villian has left himself with plenty of chips to fold with... does villian ever bluff here? UTG raise with somewhat good texture for a bluff on villians part... Wouldnt a T call so that hero might make another bluff on the turn? I mean he did leave himself with enough chips to get away, maybe if I push over him cause I have the T? Anyways What are your thoughts about this hand and how do you play it? I guess a fold is the surefire most safe way to play this hand, but thats not what im looking for [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] How would you play this flop with a T if villian is known to be aggressive...
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)

Button (t5355)
SB (t5440)
BB (t3965)
Hero (t7655)
UTG+1 (t885)
MP1 (t5460)
MP2 (t3609)
MP3 (t2060)
CO (t1510)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K, A.
[color=#CC3333]Hero raises to t600</font>, [color=#666666]5 folds</font>, Button calls t600, [color=#666666]2 folds</font>.

Flop: (t1500) T, T, 4 [color=#0000FF](2 players)</font>
[color=#CC3333]Hero bets t800</font>, [color=#CC3333]Button raises to t2000</font>, Hero ???

Final Pot: t4300
Old 04-05-2007, 10:03 AM

Default Re: do you ever come over the top here? 11$ fo AKs UTG

No, not with those stack sizes. If you and Villain were deeper, I may come over the top. Button has invested half his stack and there's no way he's folding. And he's probably not likely to make that raise with a hand you have beat.

Also, bet more on the flop...
Old 04-05-2007, 10:09 AM

no this is a clear fold

you did what you had to do you raised PF (wich i might made have little bit more seeing your UTG but this is fine to)
then you made the C-bet and he raised youre c-bet
youre gonna have to fold here villian prob has a pair here or indeed a T
Old 04-05-2007, 12:07 PM

I don't know if I'm alone, but I don't hate a CRAI on this board with these stacks, esp if I have been very active. Villain knows that I raised UTG, it is unlikely that I have a ten. Also, he knows I am c-betting here the vast majority of the time. I think we are making it way too easy for villain to blow us off here. If we check/jam, he can't push us off, we likely have at least 6 outs plus a BDFD if called, and if it checks through, that's hardly the worst result in the world.

That said, it is an 11, so that increases the chances that the villain's thoughts are closer to "WOOHOO THREE TENS ZOWEEE!" than how often we c-bet.