Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-2007, 11:06 PM

Default Bodog 50k, TPTK vs. TheWacoKidd

150/300, no ante. I open MP for 900 w/ ATo w/ 13k. Waco is next to act and instacalls w/ a little over 6k, folds around

Pot = 2250
Flop = T9x, two [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], I have A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Your move?

I have been opening 1-2 times an orbit. Waco hasn't played back @ me yet and we have no special history. He's been playing pretty snug.
Old 04-04-2007, 11:10 PM

Default Re: Bodog 50k, TPTK vs. TheWacoKidd

bet/shove, we aren't folding here
Old 04-04-2007, 11:18 PM

This is pretty gross, i think a lot of waco's range to just call 1/6th his stack here is big pairs. Still given his stack i'm not sure we can ever get away really.
Old 04-04-2007, 11:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is pretty gross, i think a lot of waco's range to just call 1/6th his stack here is big pairs. Still given his stack i'm not sure we can ever get away really.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is an ugly spot to be in. i think he has you beat a lot of the time, but i'm not sure i can always just straight up give him credit for it (this is a spot i would wish i way playing live poker). personnaly if i'm stuck here i just check and reevaluate later. if he pushes i can get way. if he checks (he won't but i'll entertain the notion) then maybe we'll see an Ace or a Ten or another [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 04-05-2007, 12:27 AM

well I guess I am C-betting like ~1500 here, If he shoves you have to call because of the possible draws on the board... but you will be beat here alot, If you dont like this line, then dont bet ATo in MP... I like 1500 here rather then like ~2000 because it is a little easier to get away from if villian insta-shoves, lookin like he had little to think about with his shove...
Old 04-05-2007, 04:24 AM

anyone considering check / shove if a bet from villain? fold to a shove?

if so , why, if not , why ?
Old 04-05-2007, 04:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
anyone considering check / shove if a bet from villain? fold to a shove?

if so , why, if not , why ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting thoughts, definatly worth considering, my take on them would be...

Check-Bet-Shove... Not c-betting can look suspicious and may induce a check behind some of the time (which basically just gives you very little/no information) but can also induce a bluff attempt from villian, increasing your chances to turn the tables on your opponent and trap him into a hand, the problem with this IMO is that if he is winning it is just another way to trap yourself... If you bet out 1500 on this flop you can get away from it because you arent necessarily committed...

Check-Shove-Fold... This line is probably a little weak for my taste and doesnt fit into my playing style as this is essentially check/fold, however that doesnt necesarily mean that this isnt the best play, although if this was the best play, then you definatly should have folded preflop...
Old 04-05-2007, 05:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
150/300, no ante. I open MP for 900 w/ ATo w/ 13k. Waco is next to act and instacalls w/ a little over 6k, folds around

Pot = 2250
Flop = T9x, two [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], I have A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Your move?

I have been opening 1-2 times an orbit. Waco hasn't played back @ me yet and we have no special history. He's been playing pretty snug.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think it matters much to be honest. He's not folding JJ+ whatever line we take. We're not folding either. So I guess we're just thinking about how we get him to shove the unmade part of his range. I might donk-shove or check-shove.