Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-05-2007, 02:12 AM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.
Default Re: DN hitting on PA?

i think that when we are talking about how much of a man someone is, it all depends on penis size.
Old 04-05-2007, 02:16 AM

Does it sound like it bothered me? I decided to post a reply because I felt like I had something meaningful to say. It wasn't defensive at all, and I could seriously care less if people thought I was gay. In fact, a lot of the attributes that might cause some to think that are quite flattering.
Old 04-05-2007, 02:27 AM

Daniel I think it's awesome that you actually post here regardless. You have no need to defend yourself. Most of the peeps here are just joking around anyway, 99% of this forum is BS, like any other forum on the net.
Old 04-05-2007, 02:39 AM

DN,

Yours is, I suppose, a better idea of manhood than your 'Trump' example, but I don't find it particularly satisfying either.

I'm not sure quite how to define what manhood is, but I don't think it's social, as in, based on what you are to other people. The qualities I most closely associate with 'manhood' are self-reliance, self-control, clearsightedness, humility, and just conduct.

What's a man?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J._L._Chamberlain

That. That's a man.

I propose we might pit our respective worldviews against each other in some kind of epic, weeks-long HU 2-7 TD freezeout, 10,000BB deep, until one of us exhaustedly acknowledges the other the wiser and better man.

Just tossin' that out there!

Yours,

T. d A. y C.
Old 04-05-2007, 03:14 AM

daniel that post is pretty ironic coming from a guy who posts in his blog about shopping sprees that include buying 300 dollar pink shirts and 200 dollar pairs of pants, yet you accuse Trump of trying to tell us we should aspire to be rich?
Old 04-05-2007, 03:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
daniel that post is pretty ironic coming from a guy who posts in his blog about shopping sprees that include buying 300 dollar pink shirts and 200 dollar pairs of pants, yet you accuse Trump of trying to tell us we should aspire to be rich?

[/ QUOTE ]

That was a spoof blog of the show, "What Not to Wear." Just amazing how of the hundreds of blogs I've written you found precisely one where I mentioned going shopping. You make it sound as though I do that in every blog?

I promise you this, I can find a lot more past blog entries that are in line with my post here. You just happened to find the one where I was making a joke... but you apparently didn't quite get it. Oh well.
Old 04-05-2007, 03:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I actually know a couple of "devouut" lesbians who think PA is hot, lol. I have no "man crush" on the dude, I was just messing around.

As for being gay, people thinking that I'm gay has never bothered me for even a millisecond. Often in a world full of dudes who don't shave, hunt, dip their deer meat in bacon juice, dress like slobs, and basically represent what they beieve to be "manly traits," they'll look at a guy with highlights in his hair, two earrings, and is also a vegan and assume... yup, must be a fudge packer, lol. Oh, and not to mention that some of my closest friends are actually women!

It's sheer ignorance, but it never bothered me at all. My idea of what it means to be a real man doesn't conform to what guys like Donald Trump try and feed you. Trump would have you believe that a successful man is:

1. Physically strong.
2. Rich.
3. Attracts lots of women.

That's so sad really. A real man is:

1. A good father.
2. A good son.
3. A good husband.
4. A good friend.

Success isn't measured by one's pocket book, their biceps, or how many women they've slept with. When the rich man dies alone, no one will remember any of that stuff. They'll remember what's truly important... what he was to his family and friends.

As a man, if you make that your main focus in life, I can't imagine that you'd be unhappy. If your son or daughter thinks you are the best dad in the world... that seems like the measure of success to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Definately gay.
Old 04-05-2007, 03:56 AM

I'm not gay and I'd still try and get me some PA.
Old 04-05-2007, 03:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

DN didn't say we shouldn't aspire to get rich and be successful financially. He just stated that he didn't believe it should be a measuring stick for what a real man is.
Old 04-05-2007, 04:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I actually know a couple of "devouut" lesbians who think PA is hot, lol. I have no "man crush" on the dude, I was just messing around.

As for being gay, people thinking that I'm gay has never bothered me for even a millisecond. Often in a world full of dudes who don't shave, hunt, dip their deer meat in bacon juice, dress like slobs, and basically represent what they beieve to be "manly traits," they'll look at a guy with highlights in his hair, two earrings, and is also a vegan and assume... yup, must be a fudge packer, lol. Oh, and not to mention that some of my closest friends are actually women!

It's sheer ignorance, but it never bothered me at all. My idea of what it means to be a real man doesn't conform to what guys like Donald Trump try and feed you. Trump would have you believe that a successful man is:

1. Physically strong.
2. Rich.
3. Attracts lots of women.

That's so sad really. A real man is:

1. A good father.
2. A good son.
3. A good husband.
4. A good friend.

Success isn't measured by one's pocket book, their biceps, or how many women they've slept with. When the rich man dies alone, no one will remember any of that stuff. They'll remember what's truly important... what he was to his family and friends.

As a man, if you make that your main focus in life, I can't imagine that you'd be unhappy. If your son or daughter thinks you are the best dad in the world... that seems like the measure of success to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

So this is an official come out post?